itContracting are seeking to recruit an IT Test Engineer for our client based in Carlow.
- Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Primary Location: Head Office, Carlow. Other locations may be considered at the discretion of management.
- Sector : IT Professional
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and operating a test automation capacity, and advising on testing strategy and practices. Their initial focus will be on increasing Application regression testing productivity through automation, by developing and executing automated test scripts. They should also influence ongoing improvements in testing across all ICT areas through support, tooling, methods and standards.
This position requires occasional attendance outside normal working hours and some travel between offices.
Currently piloting a home working policy which allows up to 2 days per week home working.
- Increase the productivity and effectiveness of the companys ICT testing through tooling, automation and best practices
- Procure, implement and manage an appropriate set of test management, execution and tracking tools
- Specify, develop, execute, maintain and manage automated test scripts, with an initial focus on Application Regression testing
- Design, review and streamline test plans, procedures and cases
- Develop and manage test datasets
- Provide accurate reporting and tracking in relation to testing progress and outcomes
- Provide support and guidance to technical and non-technical staff developing test plans, cases and procedures.
- Maintain responsibility for own performance and development through active participation in the companys staff Performance Management and Development System and ensure continuous self-development in matters relating to this post.
- To assist company in meeting the commitments of the Quality Customer Service Charter and Action Plan through adherence to best practice protocols
- To actively participate in the annual business planning and risk management processes.
- Fully co-operate with the provisions made for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of themselves, fellow staff and non-company staff and co-operate with management in enabling the company to comply with legal obligations. This includes full compliance with the responsibilities outlined in the Safety Statement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
At the time of applying, candidates must have
- Ideally a QQI Level 8 Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant qualification at this level.
- Candidates with a Level 6 or 7 qualification may be shortlisted for interview, but if offered the position the offer will be conditional on them agreeing to complete their Level 8 qualification (funded by company) within 3 years.
- Formal quality assurance/testing qualification(s)
- Completion of formal training/certification on testing tools(s)/product(s)
- At least two years’ experience of testing ICT systems using structured approaches to testing including test preparation and execution and defect management
- Knowledge and understanding of testing strategy, planning and approaches
- Experience of automation scripting and using test automation tools
- Ability to write automation scripts
- A knowledge or understanding of the Agri-Food industry would be advantageous.
- A proactive, solutions-focused approach to work particularly in the area of problem solving
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to changing requirements/priorities
- Ability to persuade and influence others to appropriate course of action
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-disciplined, organised and methodical
- A systematic, considered approach to planning and monitoring
- Ability to set clear standards and take a quality customer service approach to work
- Strong strategic and operational decision making capacity
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this