itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Information Security Lead This is a day rate contract for the period of 6 months with our client in Dublin 2.
- Leads and manages the client’s overall approach to data security and information protection.
- Plans, analyses, designs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains information security infrastructure responsive to the organisation’s requirements and applicable regulations.
- Aligns standards, frameworks, and security with the client’s strategy.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Ensure policies around data protection and information security are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures for security policies and manuals.
- Lead the identification of data security and information protection risks across the organisation, and lead the development of mitigation plans, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Act as a subject matter expert on data security for projects looking to implement new tools, systems, or processes.
- Input into the implementation of systems to protect data from unauthorised users.
- Develop and maintain process maps which shows how data flows through the organisation.
- Lead and facilitate organisational training and communications around data security and information protection issues.
- Participate and support incident response planning, business continuity planning and disaster recover.
- Maintain data and monitor security access.
- Develop and implement tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats.
- Support teams to develop and deliver continuous improvement and strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Under the direction of the Head of ICT, carry out special continuous improvement projects to continually improve ICT operations.
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Stakeholder management: ability to work with diverse stakeholders, within and outside of the organisation, to achieve solutions to organisational-wide challenges.
- Project or programme management methodologies and approaches.
- Identifying risks in data security management processes, developing, and implementing remedial action
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Technical writing (Procedures & Documentation)
- Windows servers 2012/2016/2019, Windows desktop operating systems, Windows 10, 11
- Experience with Hyper V, VMware, MS Azure Cloud
- MS Exchange On-Prem & Online, Office 365, and SMTP Gateways.
- Office 365 Security & Compliance
- Supporting a wide array of business applications and systems.
- Firewall & other security appliances.
- White- and Blacklisting e-mail policies
- Network security principles.
- Patch management & release upgrade strategies.
- Backup and restore technologies.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Niall Moloney
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Ref: ITC 4698
Email me jobs like this