To work on a wide range of data capture, analysis, and automation projects, our client is looking for a Python Developer to join the Risk Technology team. The main technology used is Python, with Django serving as the web framework and being hosted by Microsoft Azure. Additionally, there can be times when using quick development tools, including Power Apps and Power BI for reporting, is necessary to satisfy client demands.
The role involves close collaboration with a wide group of stakeholders and supporting teams, both technical and non-technical, and it’s important you feel equally comfortable speaking with both types of audience. This is a challenging role and requires strong technical and organizational skills to succeed.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Efficiently plan, design and develop technical solutions to meet business requirements in conjunction with client standards and best practices.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to analyse and refine requirements.
- Provide robust and elegant solutions (using Python) to the problems that have been presented to you.
- Ensure that all code is thoroughly unit-tested and that code reviews are performed.
- Coordinate implementation of changes through the SDLC, including installation into production.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Represent the team in wider project discussions and meetings.
- Provide support for operations, delivery, and application teams to remediate issues as appropriate.
- Bachelor degree in information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in a Python Development role.
- Experience of the Django web framework.
- Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is following best practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive mindset.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to present, in a non-technical manner, to peers.
- Organizational and planning skills, attention to detail, time management as well as analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with CI/CD tools.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Azure cloud hosting.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to mentor more junior team members.
Email me jobs like this