IT Infrastructure Engineer
Long-term position based with our client in Cork City.
Mixed crossover infrastructure position. You should have a good solid mix of the below technologies and skills.
Efficiently managing the Server and user-device Estate across centres to ensure:
- Effective hardware lifecycle management
- Optimal and efficient resource usage
- Appropriate patching/upgrading and preventative maintenance
- Security hardening
- Appropriate resilience and recovery solutions are in place for key services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Shares
- Alerts and logs are monitored and actioned
- Access controls are appropriate
- Compliance with GDPR and Retention schedules
- Users have access to the necessary applications and systems
- Deployment and provisioning process are efficient and effective
- Integrations and service levels with third party providers are appropriate and working
- Other IT tasks and duties as they arise
Network & Security
- Assist with the design, configuration, upgrade and management of a secure network environment to facilitate business functions including: WiFI | Switching/Routing | WAN Services including remote access, VPN’s, Government Network Connectivity, SDWan | Firewalls and perimeter security | Endpoint Protection | Alerts and incident response | 3 rd party SIEM/SOC management | Telephony VOPI/SIP/SBC’s | Providing technical support for all escalations and Problem Management from the Service Desk.
- Involvement in problem management, troubleshooting of hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritising problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Supporting the IT Service Desk team in ensuring that all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment
- Ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Providing Remote engagement and support to solution providers, partners, and end user.
- Responding to end user queries and providing updates on the status of Problems, incidents, or Project deployment updates to stakeholders.
- Being end user focused with good understanding of the business requirements. Manage Projects that are deployed and implemented on the infrastructure across the organisation. Implementing high level complex solutions within project deadlines.
- Limit downtime on all environments.
- Create custom scripts to automate support processes where applicable.
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on different user roles and access requirements.
- Visiting sites to complete project or operational tasks.
- Deal with unexpected issues as they arise, constantly updating relevant staff. Follow organisations procedures & methods.
- Carry out work to enhance the ICT environment as directed by organisation or contracted third parties.
- Advise on technical issues relating to the ICT environment, its maintenance and enhancement.
- Assist with the design and implement Microsoft 365 services
- Manage user identity and roles
- Manage access and authentication
- Plan Office 365 workloads and applications
- Help to implement modern device services
- Help to implement Microsoft 365 security and threat management
- Manage Microsoft 365 governance and compliance
- Help to implement and maintain a best practice security posture across 365 Stack including Sentinel
- Maximise reporting and monitoring capacity
- Help to implement an effective license estate across different profiles
- Help to manage integrations with other systems
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this