Access Operations Engineer
Based: Limerick or Dublin
PFH Technology Group are seeking an Access Operations Engineer to based onsite with our client in Limerick or Dublin. This is a role within the Access Operations team which is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Business & Core network, its infrastructure and related systems.
The key function of the role is to provide network expertise in the Support, development, integration and testing of these networks, both within the various data centers, as well as across national and international backhaul networks. In addition, a particular focus of the role is the Operational maintenance, design & delivery for Business and Enterprise customers. As a result of ever evolving services and technologies this position requires an end-to-end understanding of XGS-PON, OLT/ONU, IP /MPLS, Fiber Transmission, Radio networks along with associated management systems and databases.
• Linking in with the strategic vision to the Core Networks & Operations teams within Ireland
• This is a local role with multi-functional responsibility, operating a centre of excellence model accountable for providing all Core Networks & Operations services within Ireland
• To develop and implement a strategy that supports group targets, with a specific focus on customer & network driving significant improvements to the customer experience measured through NPS.
• To act as a point of contact to Internal/External Support teams & partners and working collaboratively with stakeholders/partners to ensure the service offering is achieving the business goals.
• To represent the organisations interests externally to customers and governing bodies where appropriate, maintaining the interests of the company and protecting its profile, reputation and brand at all times.
• Provide Operational 2nd/3rd Line Support for Access network and supported network & services on an On Call 24/7 basis
• Maintain transmission network elements, including XGS-PON, core backbone network between hub-sites in Dublin, B2B customer access equipment and the IP/Optical backbone network
• Take responsibility for the implementation and configuration of Network Management System platforms to support the deployed Transport Network infrastructure
• Support Tier 1/2 teams with the troubleshooting and resolution of core network issues
• Accepted newly Commissioned systems into the live production network. Ensure all supporting activity is completed to comply with Operational handover process, active monitoring in NMS, documentation updated & changes recorded in Circuit database
• Integrate with Pan-European LG IP & IE Network Operations Support team
• Responsible for all aspects of IP/Optical Operations in Ireland including approval and acceptance of design, build, deployment and Operations activities.
• Identifying initiatives to drive improvements to the customer experience; roadmap improvement, creating, sponsoring and representing any associated business cases.
• Seeks out and implements best practice, striving to create industry leading levels of service and providing additional value to the business.
• Network Support to resolve all operational customer issues within SLA for IP & Optical issues
• Support network upgrades impacting upon Core & B2B services, includes both single customer migration and whole site aggregation migrations
• Provide technical support Direct to customers
• Support LG corporate Engineering and third party OLOs, e.g. Peering partners, to troubleshoot intermittent service drops and loss of service incidents.
• Support other areas of the business team including local NOC, Operations, Network Engineering , B2B teams and support desks.
• Engage in culture of ownership and accountability to ensure customer issues are followed through to closure. Follow up with wider business teams to ensure tickets are correctly and efficiently progressed.
• On Site Support where needed
• Assist with the delivery of regular reporting, such as Engineering KPI Dashboard, capacity bottleneck reports, service improvement programs
• Provide support for out of hours planned works and maintenance activities, including upgrades and migration activity, as required
• Provide documentation for new builds and sign-off on handover acceptance documentation
• Maintain circuit reference and network design information via tools and design documents
• “Deep-Dive” complex service issues
• Provide On Call 24*7 support for planned works activities, and network faults, on a rotational basis
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Technical IP & Optical service operations experience gained within Telecoms environment
• Relevant third level qualification, ideally in Telecoms
• Experience in support and maintenance of Fiber Network
• Strong understanding and experience of Fiber Networks, DWDM, OLT/ONU
• Proven track record of Stakeholder management
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent documentation skills
• CCNP R&S certification or higher
• Working experience with Juniper MX family
• Strong knowledge & experience of configuring and troubleshooting Core, Edge, Aggregation elements
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of XGS-PON, switching, storage networking, routing, Wi-Fi, network load balancing, network optimization, VPN, WAN
• Experience with XGS-PON, Cisco & Juniper Switches, Routers, configuration.
• Excellent knowledge of networking protocols (OSPF, VPLS, MPLS, L2 VPN, L3 VPN, L2TPv3, Multicast, MVPN, QoS, IPv6, DS-Lite, SIP, RTP)
• Full Clean Driver’s License
• Further Relevant Juniper/Cisco Networking Qualifications
• Nokia XGS-PON Support experience
• Experience/Knowledge in scripting through Linux/Python etc.
• Experience/Knowledge in implementing cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Working knowledge of VoIP
• Experience with IPSec
• Hands-on experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASR and ISR elements
• Experience of EMS & NMS, including ECI and Transmode platforms
• Experience in fault resolution and troubleshooting issues as part of an On Call support team
• Experience in design and configuration of enterprise and business network solutions
• Flexible approach to working – this role will require On Call Rota.
• First-class problem-solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter.
• The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request.
• Self-motivated & ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills
• A ‘great teammate’ who can lead by example and inspire others daily.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change, triage activities
• High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do.
• Owns responsibility and completes tasks/projects end-to-end
• Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating.
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Email me jobs like this