itContracting are seeking to recruit an Automation Test Lead for our well estbalished client in the Insurance industry based in Dublin
The successful candidate will be required on site two days per week
The successful candidate will play a key role in the IT Department with responsibilities including…
• Design, implement and execute both automated and manual test scripts following agreed test plan
• Provide detailed analysis of all testing carried out on the environments ensuring all bugs, risks and issues are logged correctly
• Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams to understand the key goals/objectives of any test request
• Report progress of testing activities to the Test Lead
Role & Responsibilities:
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
• Upfront identification of where automation can play a role in projects to increase test efficiency and quality
• Develop, execute, and debug automated tests
• Tracking, control and resolution of testing issues and queries.
• Executes test cases as per the agreed testing plan, log and retest defects as necessary using the appropriate test tools.
Additional Job Functions:
• Builds good working relationships with Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers.
• Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle.
• Responds maturely to ambiguity and complexity.
Your Skills and Experience
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Education:
Having one or more of the following technical competencies:
• 1-3 years hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (Selenium webdriver)
• Exposure/Experience to at least one software programming language (Python, Java, etc)
• Exposure/Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA Scripting)
• A strong knowledge of testing principles and lifecycles (SDLC)
• Ability to pick up and learn a new language and/or framework
• Formal qualification in Software Testing, would be an advantage
• General Insurance industry knowledge, would be an advantage
• Experience in software testing in iSeries environment would be an advantage
• Experience with working with offshore colleagues, would be an advantage
• Experience with API testing frameworks such as Postman, Swagger, Rest Assured, would be an advantage
• Proactive, enthusiastic with a hunger for excellence
• Able to cope with fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures.
• Problem solving and judgement skills
• A good team worker, building team spirit
• Sets high standards for quality and quantity
• Takes personal responsibility for resolving issues
• An ability to work independently and under limited supervision
• Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with customers and 3rd Parties on a pro-active basis
• Works in a systematic, methodical & orderly way
Competencies & Behaviours:
• Demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
• Take action to improve performance on the job.
• Take action to manage own personal development.
• Approach tasks with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Holly Grant or Daniel Gavin in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this