Job Title: IT Desktop Support Engineer - West Dublin
Contract/ Permanent: Permanent
Location: Blanchardstown, West Dublin
Overview: Ergo is the largest privately-owned IT services provider in Ireland, headquartered in Dublin, with offices in Cork and Limerick as well as the UK and US. You will be joining an innovative company made up of over 500 passionate professionals from many different backgrounds. We serve more than 400 companies and over 250,000 end users across six continents so by working with Ergo, you will work at the leading edge of IT projects in Ireland and work at a company who has established a culture centred around a sense of community, empowerment and belonging.
We are seeking an IT Desktop Support Engineer to provide ICT support across various client offices from Blanchardstown to ensure the efficient running of the IT Service Desk. This role is mainly a Monday to Friday role 9am - 5:30pm.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets, ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded.
* Ensure strict adherence to SLAs when dealing with customer tickets/calls.
* Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware.
* Highlight any anomalies on our customer sites raising a service ticket and triggering escalation procedures.
* Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Ergo products, services, and solutions.
* Perform routine day-to-day system security checks/backups and produce up-to-date status reports.
* Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is always delivered to the customer.
* Work with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
* Record and maintain hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, user access and security.
* Provide occasional technical training to customer's systems administrators and end users.
* Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
* Monitor remote managed service applications.
* Fulfil ad hoc duties as required.
Skills & Experience
* A relevant Technical or professional qualification
* Knowledge of PC hardware and software
* Experience in PC/Laptop Build, Image, Release, Repair
* Knowledge and experience of MS office 2013 & O365
* MS Teams
* Knowledge and experience of Active Directory
* Knowledge and experience of Network Equipment Switch & Routers
* Experience with first line Networking issues
Email me jobs like this