Principal Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Software Developer on our VxRail team in Cork/ Hybrid.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer - VxRail on our Software Engineering team in Cork/ Hybrid to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve
As a hands-on Software Engineer, you will be working on World Top1 HCI (Hyper Converged Infrastructure) product VxRail and other multi-cloud products. You are going to work with cutting-edge technologies such as micro service, virtualization/container, edge computing, cloud-based management etc. And you will build up good business sense to understand and define the next generation HCI product together with global talents, and to win together with our customers.
• Responsible/Contribute to the design, architecture and development of high-quality complex systems and software for HCI environments
• Prepare, review and evaluate software/HCI specifications for products and systems
• Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex software products and systems for HCI products and systems
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent 10+ years of experience as a software developer
• Proven track record of feature and solution design as per customer needs to gain customer satisfaction.
• Ability to communicate with high level management with good business sense.
• Solid knowledge on some of the technologies like Java, Python, Database, Web framework, containerized orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Rancher, etc)
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver under pressure and tight schedules
• Frameworks - Kubernetes, Angular, Flask, SQL Alchemy, Open API, RabbitMQ. Tools and Infrastructure Services - Ansible, Postman, Git, Podman, Docker, Containerd, Jenkins, Prometheus, etcd, fluentd, openfaas, redis, remote access (SSH)
• Domain knowledge on Cloud/Virtualization/HCI technology is a plus and proven leadership of scrum team, domain owner. We require a Good understanding of roadmap, product portfolio and translate to engineering implementation detail. Strong communication and debugging skills
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 2nd December 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Email me jobs like this