Wintel Systems Administrator
Our enterprise client in Wexford & Dublin is seeking a Wintel Server Administrator/Engineer resource to work in their ICT Operations team
Hybrid day-rate (12-month) contract position with our client in either Dublin or Wexford
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of ICT environments and as such should demonstrate ICT technical skills and be a confident communicator who possesses excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
They will perform at a professional level that requires technical skills and have an independent initiative within a well-defined programme of work.
It is a mandatory requirement, that you should have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and in some cases, designing Microsoft based environments.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Networking, virtualisation technologies such as VMWare or Hyper-V or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Active Directory, storage/backup best practices for hardware and operating systems.
- The equivalent of a degree (NFQ Level 7) in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, or 7 years relevant work experience.
Key Deliverables applicable to this role.
- Carry out backups, restorations, and disaster recovery.
- Research into, and implementation on, new Microsoft tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost effectiveness.
- Visiting sites to complete project or operational tasks.
- Implementing high level complex solutions within project deadlines.
- Deal with unexpected issues as they arise, constantly updating relevant staff.
- Follow procedures & methods.
- Liaise with contracted support companies to support the ICT environment where necessary.
- Carry out work to enhance the environment as directed by the client or contracted third parties.
- Advise on technical issues relating to the ICT environment, its maintenance and enhancement.
- Document all issues as they arise and solutions when resolved using in-house Service Desk application.
Experience/Competencies/Skillsets applicable to this Role.
- Experience of implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing, and designing Microsoft based environments.
- Experience of ensuring the integrity of high availability network infrastructures to provide maximum performance for their users.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies, such as VMware or Hyper-V, or equivalent.
- Experience in Active Directory
- Experience in storage/backup best practices hardware and operating systems.
- Experience of communicating clearly and effectively to various stakeholders at different levels, including those from both technical and non-technical backgrounds and those at end- user and senior management levels.
- Your CV should include how you met deadlines, explained issues, problems and solutions in a way that was easily and equally understood by all.
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this