We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
Head of I.T & Projects
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of I.T & Projects will be responsible for one of the most transformative times at EZ Living Furniture as we have secured our technical roadmap for the next 16-18 months, we are seeking a change champion to help steer the course.
* Participate in and lead regular staff meetings with technical team, and cross-functional teams to understand functional business need, develop functional specifications, technical designs, and or workflow requirements.
* Determine, define, present, and gain approval from senior leaders, on the scope and priority of current and future projects.
* Make recommendations and present solutions/proposals and assist with the development and management of such implementations.
* Develop and manage the department headcount, capital, and expense budget.
* Establish key metrics to manage performance of staff.
* Identify needed resources for projects, define and assign major project roles.
* Ensure that projects and development efforts are documented, and changes are managed.
* Develop, implement, and monitor policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal, and regulatory compliance.
* Ensure HW/SW standards are adhered to where appropriate within the operational environment of the Client laptop/desktop landscape.
* Encourage proper implementation of IT processes and provide oversight of processes.
* Provide appropriate feedback to management on process improvement suggestions.
* Promote and maintain high standards of I.T customer service.
* Assist with contract negotiations with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
* Ensure program milestones and objectives are met.
* Keep senior management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
* Ensure that projects adhere to the company processes and initiate process improvements as needed.
* Take responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
* Interface and setup relationships between key organizational group leaders as required to perform key duties of the role.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
* Customer Service skills and ability to handle escalations at an Executive level is critical.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills are required.
* Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills; able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
* Excellent knowledge of product lifecycle, tools, processes, and operations planning.
* Persistent and dependable, especially with attendance and meeting deadlines.
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
* Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, occasional travel required within the store network across Ireland.
* Experience with developing budgets and predicting project costs.
* Strong project management and leadership skills.
* Proven track record of surpassing objectives and delivering exceptional results.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience as an individual contributor and 5+ years as a people manager is required.
* Experience with ERP & distribution systems a distinct advantage.
* Educated to degree level or demonstrable experience considered.
Email me jobs like this