Network Technician required for our client, a leading infrastructure operator based in Dublin North
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an industry leading infrastructure team that is responsible for operating a unique European, Transatlantic and US Infrastructure, including terrestrial fiber, submarine cables and data centers.
The primary role is to assist in the smooth operation of the Infrastructure Network
- Trouble ticket incident management & Proactive Network Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Ensuring customers are updated on technical queries
- Liaising with other NOC Engineers and Network Operations Centers in other countries
- Maintain Operational standards in line with customer SLA’s.
- Handling backhaul network issues with third party providers (DWDM, Dark Fiber, SONET, SDH)
- Report writing and creating / maintaining inventories
- Assisting in the management of a full Planned Preventative Maintenance
· Take part in a rotating 24*7*365 shift rota to provide operational coverage (4nights/4 days off/4days)
- Telco or Electronic Engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ experience from a similar role
- Understanding of DWDM, OTN and Ethernet technologies
- Understanding of the OSI model.
- Optical network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Starting salary: up to €45K p.a.
- Bonus €7K p.a.
- Established training programme for the first 2 month
- PHI, Pension