Support Technician – Level 2
A global leader in their domain by setting the standards of excellence having experienced a growth phase and looking to expand the current team by adding a Level 2 Support Technician. You will be required to respond and resolve software incidents.
• Support PC and peripheral hardware: desktop, laptop, server, smart device.
• Software application installation support.
• Maintain and troubleshoot proprietary database (Quest)
• Monitor Operations production environment: servers, network switches, network routers, daily backups, UPS systems. Communicate problems to Ops Support staff
• Regional escalation point of contact for Global Service Desks to assist with computer applications, hardware, or network-related problems and/or questions.
• Troubleshoot to determine whether problems are hardware, software, or network-related and attempt local resolution.
• If unable to resolve technical problem, co-ordinate to see if system replacement is an option (in the form of Change Request); escalate if necessary; work as liaison point of contact between users and technical analysts in Operations Support and Service Delivery.
• Provide adequate and timely problem resolution or escalation with the time frame defined by the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Maintain understanding of applications and levels of user proficiency.
• Audit all client desktop and laptop systems within region for standardisation
• Audit all server systems within region for standardisation
• On-call week-end support 6 – 7 times per year
• A computer science degree or in related field
• OR experience as a technician in high-tech industry
• OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Be in office according to local hybrid working guidelines
• Travel to other offices when necessary
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills, both with software applications and hardware equipment: servers, laptops, desktop
• Ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex technical documents
• Ability to lift and move computer and video hardware
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 12449531)
Email me jobs like this