This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region
Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
This Entry Level position requires candidates to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual who can adhere to strict processes and be able to perform repetitive tasks with no deviation and demonstrate continuously consistent results. Team Members will be working in multifunctional environment and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
The position is full time and the ideal candidate is someone with hands-on hardware experience. Qualified candidates do not need to be familiar with software operations or networking protocols
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and/or workflows.
- Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
- Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
- Perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Reporting of processes and regular status updates
- Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
- Contribute to the development of other team members
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Familiarity with basic PC components/hardware (cable management, building computers, troubleshooting PC/Desktops/Laptops)
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
- Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware and troubleshootingBasic knowledge of networking and/or Linux is an advantage.
- Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs