SQL Database Administrator – up to €620 per Day – 12-month contract
My client is a globally recognized financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations, and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a reliable and motivated SQL Database Administrator to help them support application teams with their database needs. This contract is for a duration of 12 months.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a SQL Database Administrator
• Multi DB skilled (SQL Server and Oracle DB)
• Multi OS experience
• Technical degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent experience
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installing and configuring SQL Servers.
• Performing regular server maintenance.
• Monitoring and maintaining system health and security.
• Providing end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
• Working on T-SQL commands and queries.
• Migrating SQL Server from older versions to higher ones.
• Perform installation and configuration of Database software, Listener, Patching and Database creation in development, staging and production environment (Patching/Servicing pack Upgrades/VTMs/Hotfixes)
• Tuning and maintaining SQL Server instance according to set standards.
• Perform maintenance tasks on existing test and production environments that included modifying database sizes and migrating changes through various environments.
• Monitor database performance trends to identify anomalies or errors, Report analysis, detect and resolved table-space fragmentation and migrations
• Provided ongoing support of production database environment, space projection and reclamation, query performance tuning of existing applications.
• Implemented intelligent techniques in application logic to help database performance improvement and overall application performance improvement.
• Introducing Automation process where possible
• Next to the traditional DBA tasks we also ask you to do the following:
• Releases of Database Code to UAT and Live
• Look for opportunities to improve our service: optimization, automation, standardization, etc.
• Provide afterhours/weekend support when required.
• Be prepared to move into a cross skilled mindset with regards to taking ownership of the end to end delivery and support of the complete DB eco system, which may require activities/gaining new skills such as Operating Systems work and applications support/knowledge
• Ability to coordinate between technical operations team (DBA) and applications developers/Sysamdins/users/information systems/processing specialists.
• Be prepared to take risks and own the outcomes for ideas and initiatives relating to DB environments.
• Oracle DBA experience would be a bonus
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)
Email me jobs like this