Database Engineer – MySQL/Oracle – Dublin
Database Engineer required to join a cutting-edge biometrics technology company. This role can be fully remote from anywhere in Ireland although visits to the Dublin office would be beneficial to all.
The company is a well-established market leader in the area of biometric authentication; their product and service has taken off over the past number of years within a market with high spend on software and specifically around security.
The Database Engineer will work with DevOps and Engineering teams to help deliver and support database solutions for identity assurance products. They are in process of migrating all their AWS hosted customers (100% Oracle) from Oracle to MySQL (with MySQL RDS or Aurora). So they are interested in candidates with skills mix across both. Longer term the expectation is the role will progress to an 80%-20% split between MySQL and Oracle
· 3+ years in a Database Engineer / DBA role
· Strong working experience with MySQL and Oracle databases
· Practical experience of installing, monitoring, and supporting production databases running on AWS EC2 and RDS.
· Knowledge of AWS Aurora experience would be ideal
· Strong performance tuning and general database problem troubleshooting experience across all databases and operating system platforms above
· Strong proficiency in SQL and SQL scripting with experience in PL/SQL and shell scripting
· Experience of large-scale data migrations, upgrades, archives and backup and recovery strategies
· Excellent verbal and written English
To learn more about this role and client, please forward your CV stating required salary and availability or call on 01 507 9264 to have a confidential discussion.
Please note; we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU.