itContracting are seeking to recruit a Senior Technical Business Analyst for our client based in Carlow.
The successful candidate will be required on-site 2 days per week.
Sr. Technical Business Analysts are responsible for ensuring the delivery of the defining the business objectives into technical requirements within the agile team. They participate in the advancement of Data solutions across a business portfolio by working closely with Business Units, Product Owners, Developers and Architects. The Sr. Technical Business Analyst plays a critical role in mentoring Analysts of all levels to ensure we are growing future talent within the agile teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain holistic understanding of IT Delivery roadmap and track any changes to the roadmap are aligned in the backlog tooling enabling teams to leverage automated roadmaps and status report, metrics functionality
- Ensures that Product or adoption KPIs identified can feasibly be measured and tracked through the development and delivery activities, ensuring key data points are identified and included from the outset within the scope of the
- Ensure product backlog quality of work item descriptions are concise and effective represent user needs, with any sufficiently detailed, precise acceptance criteria to support testing and acceptance of the work. Ensure that key data points on the work items are in place to provide expected transparency.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, and task/process/workflow analysis selecting the appropriate means of representing the requirement and ensuring traceability back to source (tools such as blueworks, Lucid Chart for process mapping, excel).
- Responsible for the investigation and application of changes to program scope. Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a program or project.
- Ensure that product backlog work items e.g. user stories are meeting the definition of ready in line with enterprise targets on backlog readiness, often called planning horizons or planning intake funnel
- Conduct data profiling and analysis to evaluate data sources to determine the best source for business information.
- Complete source to target data mapping specifications
- Maintain and model best practices on a set of tactical agile techniques in relation to work decomposition, planning, estimation, backlog tooling, status reporting
- Collaborates with the Business Architect, Product Owner, agile team and relevant subject matter experts to define concise and effective user stories from the capabilities roadmap also detailing precise and accurate acceptance criteria. This includes functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure backlog work item decomposition is meeting enterprise standards with respect of quality of content and data integrity on key fields to drive transparency and effective reporting
- Collaborates with the Product Owner on prioritization and grooming of the capability backlog. Ensure that key information needed to support PO prioritization is current, accurate and available in a usable format to drive high quality decisions.
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
- Mentor core resources as designated by team leader.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant professional qualification or acceptable industry experience.
- 6+ years successful experience in defining and delivering valuable solutions to our customers
- Expereince in Fintech, Insurance industry would be advantage
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Comfortable leading groups of people in discussions
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Able to deal with significant ambiguity and translate into more tangible outcomes
- Demonstrates a metrics and financial mindset to ensure ROI for business
- Possess SQL skills and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with the concepts of Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse would be advantage
- Proficient in developing data mapping specifications, including identification of data rules, defining transformation rules, etc.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this