itContracting are seeking to recruit a Software Engineer for our client based in Carlow.
Software Engineer II will work with the team towards building and/or configuration of software solutions within their business portfolio. SE II will work with Principal Engineer (PSE), SE I & Associate Software Engineers demonstrating skill & a mastery of the application and technical skillset subject matter expertise for their area of responsibility & mentoring the Software Engineers and Associate Software Engineers. SE II will ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. In conjunction with PSE they will be able to accurately estimate work required to deliver software features. They use critical thinking skills applied to solution design and implementation for the delivery of business value.
Digital Strategy, Incubator & Advanced Analytics Team Summary:
The Digital Strategy & Incubator team provides thought leadership to inform digital business strategies and incubate next-gen cloud-based digital and analytical offerings. We drive ideas from concept to launch in a rapid fashion, taking smart risks on strategic and innovative offerings. We assemble solutions by building and integrating with a broader partner ecosystems of emerging tech start-ups and established companies.
The Digital Garage in Ireland is the engineering heart of our Digital Strategy & Incubator organization. The Digital Garage in Ireland owns the delivery execution of the innovation pipeline in the form of rapid prototypes, Proof of Concepts, scaled deliveries and managing delivery teams internally and externally.
Some of our existing competencies include,
• Software stack for AI driven products
• DX for AI driven products (Discovery and POCs)
• Data-pipeline preparation for AI driven products
• Product Management for AI driven products
Must Have (core skills that will be focused on as part of daily job)
- Min. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or 4+ years of equivalent relevant business experience with demonstrated success in software development, having worked within Agile Methodology. 4+ years of experience in -
- React JS, website development experience
- Experience with REST/JSON API development and concepts
- Git Continuous Integration/Build
- .NET, C#, Visual Studio, .NET Core preferred
- 4+ years of experience with DevOps concepts & continuous integration/build experience: Azure Devops is preferred, or other DevOps server.
- Utilisation of Rally or other work tracking tool experience
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Collaboration & communicate with Business Analysts, Business Architects, Test & Snr Test Engineers, Scrum Master & Scrum Team, UX Resources, Tech Support Engineers & all other relevant Stakeholders, thinking with the mind of the end customer at all times.
- To focus on delivering business priority and value at all times use the agreed upon standards & tools design, code, configure & document software deliverables including but not limited to:
- lead sizing,
- unit test & automation testing (incl manual) as well as successful transitioning
- estimations of design & relevant implementation including definition of ‘DONE’
- maintenance of new and existing features for existing & new portfolios
- ability to complete complex feature development tasks.
- progress made and planned progress, including any blockers
- code reviews and retrospectives to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead proof of concept work & prototyping
- Understand business & design requirements
Additional Beneficial Requirements
- Experience with dynamic website applications such as React JS
- Machine learning workflows
- Experience with AWS experience with Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation, S3, SimpleQueueService, SimpleNotificationService, CloudWatch
- Cloud computing such as AWS: SageMaker, Elastic Container Registry, EC2
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this