PFH Technology Group are seeking a L2 Engineer to based onsite with their client in Dublin City Centre. This is a Hybrid role with 5 days onsite and 5 days work from home on alternate weeks.
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
· Prioritise, manage and responding to helpdesk calls in a timely manner logged on the help desk system;
· Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
· Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
· Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
· System administration using Active Directory
· Troubleshoot issues with Windows accounts/mailboxes
· Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
· Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
· System Administration - amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
· Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
· Liaise with third party vendors for software\hardware installation
· Deal with 'how to' and information requests including data security and ICT policies
· Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management to find root cause for recurring issues.
· Document new solutions
· Install individual software requests
· Managed Print devices - liaise with vendors including IP information
· Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
· Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
· Coordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to procedures and processes
· Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
· Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
· Assist colleagues as requested
Experience & Education
· At least 2 years' experience in an IT environment
· Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
· Excellent customer service skills with an ability to empathise with users and help them adapt to their new technologies.
· Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
· Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
· Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
· The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner
· ITIL Certified
· Microsoft certifications preferable
· Third Level Education Qualification is preferable.
PFH is a premier provider of end-to-end ICT solutions and a managed services portfolio scaling from SMEs to large Enterprise organisations. We have unrivalled vendor relationships. We can procure, design, deploy and support all your ICT needs. Our ISO certified Custodian™ Cloud Services and Custodian™ Managed Services provide the technology and expertise to mitigate risk and reduce your costs immediately. We have a nationwide network of over 450 dedicated professionals, including over 350 qualified engineers, ready to meet your ICT needs, with offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Email me jobs like this