The Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (SFPA) is seeking to appoint an Executive Manager ICT to manage and supervise the organization's IT function which includes overseeing a team of IT professionals and ensuring all technology systems and applications operate efficiently, reliably and in line with Government policy. The Executive Manager will play a key role in further developing the IT capability of the SFPA and supporting the delivery of the SFPA's goals and objectives.
About the SFPA
The SFPA is an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. The SFPA promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance, support and enhancement of the portfolio of operational and administrative information systems.
- Ensuring 24x7 support for mission critical systems and infrastructure.
- Lead the development and delivery of ICT security strategies and effectively manage the organisation’s response to data and cyber security threats in accordance with appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Overseeing and continuously improving the delivery of ICT support services to ensure service levels for all operational and administrative information systems are met and where possible exceeded.
- Managing the development and implementation of new ICT systems and applications across the SFPA.
- Developing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with key internal and external stakeholders, communicating service levels at review meetings and publishing metrics for distribution as required.
- Working closely with the Office of Government CIO (OGCIO) in relation to the delivery of service and future requirements.
- Contribute ICT expertise to projects which have an IT component and provide technical input into procurement initiatives run by other teams.
- Lead the IT unit, promote teamwork and develop the capability of the team through mentoring, coaching and individual development plans to maximise performance.
- Development and delivery of ICT unit annual business plan.
- Ensuring that financial responsibilities are managed to a high standard, including the efficient and effective management of budgets and accountability for ICT assets and the understanding and utilisation of government procurement procedures.
- Ensuring procurement of ICT hardware and software is compliant with relevant Circulars, Guidelines and Advice Notes issued by OGCIO and/or the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
- Formulating ICT policies, procedures, and performance management processes to maximise the availability of all ICT systems and to measure and improve service delivery processes based on ITIL or similar framework.
- Ensure appropriate business continuity strategies are in place.
- Support the implementation of the key strategic objectives of the Public Sector ICT Strategy in the SFPA
- Possess a qualification (minimum Level 7 NFQ) in a relevant area, with an ICT component and 5 years directly relevant ICT experience.
- Have proven experience in ICT infrastructural planning and development and/or experience in developing enterprise level applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of large-scale ICT programmes in complex environments.
- Full drivers’ licence and access to a private vehicle.
- Be prepared to carry out some business travel to offsite meetings and to SFPA port offices nationally.
What’s on Offer?
- Starting Salary: €70,339 with annual increments
- Attractive Pension scheme
- 30 annual leave days per annum
- Full Time Permanent position – Located in Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
- For further information on the application process, please submit your CV to Shane Mullen in Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon on the 14th of October 2022.