Location: This position is located at our Dublin, OH campus with hybrid flexibility.
We're on a mission to make healthcare simpler and more effective. We fight to ensure our members get the care they need, when they need it, at the most affordable cost - that's why we call ourselves Healthcare Warriors . We're committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, so if you're excited about this position, we encourage you to apply - even if your experience doesn't match every requirement.
The Director, Software Engineering is ultimately responsible for all software solutions created, integrated and implemented by Quantum Health within their assigned areas. They lead a full stack team, encompassing the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and inspire a shared vision that drives innovative technical solutions with high standards of execution.
What you'll do
* Provide strategic technical and architectural leadership to the engineering teams including adherence to development practices, leading team through change with new technologies, advocating the advancement of technical solutions.
* Provide administrative oversight to engineering managers and other technical leaders across the full stack of technical delivery including but not limited to tasking, career development, succession planning, talent review, etc.
* Lead and coach Engineering Managers, Solutions Architects, Technical Leads and Scrum Masters in the execution of technology solutions.
* Support the production environment as the highest priority; Ensure system uptime, usability expectations are met and production defects are managed to agreed-upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Support project delivery work as determined by the business; Represent the technical interests in those discussions and deliver technical projects consistently on time and on budget.
* Partner closely with other solution centers to ensure strategic technical product alignment.
* Analyze and estimate needed development resource capacity needed both with a current state focus and longer-term roadmap.
* All other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring
* Education: Bachelor's degree in technology or related field or equivalent experience required; Advanced degree preferred.
* Experience: 8+ years working experience as a Software Engineering leader; Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices and strong team leadership skills.
* High degree of technical competency, ability to learn new technology quickly, aptitude for details and ability to make both strategic and tactical decisions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work with team members and customers in a professional, friendly manner both in-person and virtually.
* Highly collaborative communication and leadership approach; able to inspire a shared vision, influence outcomes and drive accountability.
* Ability to thrive in ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), IM/video conferencing (Teams & Zoom), and telephones efficiently.
* Trustworthy and accountable behavior, capable of viewing and maintaining confidential information daily.
What's in it for you
* Compensation: Competitive base pay, incentive plans and employee referral bonuses.
* Coverage: Health, vision and dental featuring our best-in-class healthcare navigation services, along with life insurance, legal and identity protection, adoption assistance, EAP, Teladoc services and more.
* Retirement: 401(k) plan with up to 4% employer match and full vesting on day one.
* Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, parental leave, volunteer days, paid sabbaticals, and more.
* Development: Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually, certification/continuing education reimbursement, discounted higher education partnerships, paid trainings and leadership development.
* Culture: Recognition as a Best Place to Work for 15+ years, dedication to diversity, philanthropy and sustainability , and people-first values that drive every decision.
* Environment: A modern workplace with a casual dress code, open floor plans, full-service dining, free snacks and drinks, complimentary 24/7 fitness center with group classes, outdoor walking paths, game room, notary and dry-cleaning services and more! Check out our home:
What you should know
* Internal Associates: Already a Healthcare Warrior? Apply internally through Jobvite.
* Process: Application > Phone Screen > Online Assessment(s) > Interview(s) > Offer > Background Check
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Quantum Health welcomes everyone. We value our diverse team and suppliers, we're committed to empowering our ERGs, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer .
* Agencies: Quantum Health does not accept unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-parties. Absent a signed MSA and request/approval from Talent Acquisition to submit candidates for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party.
* Sponsorship: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship.
Note: Compensation information published by job boards are estimates and not verified by Quantum Health. Details surrounding compensation will be disclosed throughout the interview process. Compensation offered is based on the candidate's unique combination of experience and qualifications related to the position.
Email me jobs like this