Cloud Engineer – Performance Focus – Biometrics – Dublin/Remote from Ireland
This role as a Performance Cloud Engineer is to join a cutting-edge biometrics technology company. This role can be fully remote from anywhere in Ireland although visits to the Dublin office would be beneficial to all, and complete training and guidance will be provided (along with hardware for remote working) plus a strong onboarding experience.
The company is a well-established market leader in the area of biometric authentication; their product and service has taken off over the past number of years within a market with high spend on software and specifically around security.
The role is to work with a senior local and distributed team of Cloud Engineers and QA Engineering to analyse performance and resiliency, designing and implementing test tools to ensure peak performance, working on Java Virtual Machines to create scenarios and design corrective actions.
This role will have key input into performance tuning and scaling of product ranges within an AWS environment.
· Overall responsibility for improving services in general through measuring and analysis
· Design and execute test suites to run services through to identify and address potential weaknesses or areas of improvement
· Specific known issues Debugging and recreation (in JVM environments)
· Work on future modelling through Machine Learning to predict potential issues
· 6+ years of post graduate experience ideally in an AWS related Performance environment
· Specific AWS knowledge (including IAM, RDS, EC2 and related services)
· Strong ability to manage significant amounts of data
· Java Virtual Machine (JVM) experience plus data modelling strength
· Level of comfort working in Linux based environments
· Formal Chaos/Gremlin commercial experience will be very welcome
· Load Testing and Observability knowledge will be ideal
· Stress, Scalability, Performance testing also a bonus
To learn more about the role, company and process, please forward your CV stating required salary and availability and we can arrange a conversation in confidence.
Please note, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to work in the EU and this role will require the Data Science Lead to be resident in Ireland.