Senior System Administrator
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator, currently in the process of moving to Azure and the Systems Administrator will play a key role during this process. The role will involve both infrastructure and Desktop Support. To be considered you will need to be located within Dublin, a Hybrid policy is in place with flexibility to work from home 2 days per week and 3 days in the office. The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the system administration area of the business, installation, configuration, maintenance, operations and security of enterprise information systems.
• Install, configure and maintain servers, server operating systems, networked data storage, network application software, data communications devices, cloud systems, monitoring systems, laptops, VPN, etc.
• Implement, maintain, and update security measures to ensure the integrity of data resources and prevent unauthorized access to network systems.
• Implement backup and disaster recovery systems and develop procedures to ensure reliability of data resources and recovery in the event of a catastrophic event.
• Diagnose and resolve problems with the existing information systems, network, applications and peripheral devices as reported by administrative users.
• Evaluate information system requirements and develop hardware/network solutions to provide the required services.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience;
• Networks, firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, wireless access points, etc.
• Azure or AWS
• Virtual server backup technologies (e.g. vRanger, Veeam, Rubrik)
• Networking knowledge (IP, DNS, etc.)
• Server operating systems: Windows Server 2013 onwards
• Windows desktop Support
• Hardware & software asset management
• Remote support, VPN security
• Development and documentation of procedure & processes
• Network authentication and security, Active Directory.
• Network management.
• Windows server administration.
• File servers;
• Disaster recovery solutions ;
• FTP, SFTP, SSH;
• SAN Storage experience.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 12449531)
Email me jobs like this