Cloud Operations Engineer
My client is a Global Fintech company with over 900 employees globally. The Cloud Operations team is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer that enjoys solving problems, working with customers, and has a technical background from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, Cloud design and optimization, network administration, and DevOps.
• Developing and proposing CI/CD improvements.
• Proposing AWS enhancements into current infrastructure as code.
• Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value to a global enterprise.
• Troubleshooting complex deployment issues on a multi-tier cloud enterprise solution.
• Communicating system changes – scheduled downtimes, system updates, etc. – both internally and externally.
• Work directly with customers, operations, and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high-quality technical responses.
• Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
• Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
• Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
• Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output.
• Help define technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process.
• Gather and analyse data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates.
• Interact skilfully with business stakeholders and third-party technical organizations.
• Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design for our client’s wider IT teams
• Document and present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote Cloud DevOps.
• 4+ years’ experience in a Cloud engineering or similar role
• Expert experience in AWS administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following:
• Orchestration Management
• Configuration Management
• Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Chef, Puppet, or related tools)
• Experience with System Administration with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange).
• Expert experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
• Be service focused ensuring all applications achieve SLAs and production deployments are to the highest standards meeting customer requirements
• Good Hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development and deployment of enterprise software at scale.
• Experience in investigating and responding to tickets regarding health and security of the system, assigning priority, and coordinating with application teams to ensure that company Service Level Agreements are met.
• Customer facing experience is essential.
• Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 01 255 5302)
Email me jobs like this