Contract Linux Engineer required for a significant Hedge Fund, who is expanding its operations in Dublin. This is a rolling 6-month day rate contract paying 550 – 650 / day (DOE)
You will join a global Linux Platform Engineering team responsible for architecting and engineering the cloud and on-premises Linux platforms that run the bulk of the firms compute workloads. The company is moving its operations from one Data centre to another, and the Linux engineer will help to replatform as this migration happens.
This is a hybrid structure role 2-3 days in office/remote based in Dublin city centre
- Manage systems efficiently at scale through standardization, automation, testing, and in-depth monitoring
- Enforce development standards for source control, testing, and continuous integration for infrastructure, OS, patches, and configuration management
- Develop self-service pipelines for deploying infrastructure and platforms that developers and portfolio managers can integrate with
- Develop well defined processes for testing and integrating new technologies to meet both business and technical needs
- Drive the elimination of operational tasks through automation and self service
- In depth knowledge of Linux systems administration, including performance optimization, security and management at scale.
- Experience driving standardization through robust automation, testing and monitoring.
- Experience with bare metal, hypervisors, containers, and public cloud platforms.
- Automation scripting skills (BASH / Python etc is big plus)
- Experience tuning systems for high throughput and low latency
- Flexibility to work slightly later hours (i.e. 10am-7pm or 11-8pm) as close cooperation with the US team is a bonus