IT Technical Lead
Long-term day-rate contract
Onsite with our client based in Dublin
About the Role:
The Technical Lead will be responsible in managing the technical implementation of IT projects undertaken by the IT Engineering team until handover to the IT Operations team. The role owns the delivery of high-quality solutions from a technical perspective, drives the technical delivery plan by managing risks, issues and dependencies and takes design ownership after High-Level Design
As part of the IT Engineering Technical Leads team, this role is accountable for:
- IT and Infrastructure related projects using Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Technical delivery of E2E platform solutions including cross-vendor dependencies.
- Development of consolidated Low-Level Design (LLD) and alignment of Vendor LLDs in conjunction with solution architects.
- Delivering solution, network, and connectivity designs to facilitate a structured and timely delivery of IT Engineering projects in accordance with Delivery Model Process and client strategic objectives such as Cloud strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with IT security standards and policies
- Liaise with Global Support and IP engineering teams for infrastructure procurement, User Access Management (UAM) and connectivity implementation.
- Ensuring the build and connectivity of all relevant environments – Test, Pre-Prod etc.
- Providing test support, through review of test approach / strategies and attendance at defect meetings.
- Deliverables including Functional Spec/LLD, System Build Spec, IDF, ASIC, NARD, Comms Matrix, Security, Alarming.
- Act as “Subject Matter Expert” which entails taking overall End to End technical responsibility for the assigned services or systems including capacity management, optimisation, service performance and service availability.
- Accountable for deliverables including Functional Spec/LLD, System Build Spec, IDF, ASIC, NARD, Comms Matrix, Security, Alarming.
- Development of consolidated Low-Level Design (LLD) and alignment of Vendor LLDs
- Build, test and deploy all platforms in accordance with the IT Delivery Model and ensure all tollgate requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure the build and connectivity of all environments – test, pilot/ Pre-Prod and production, to standard in a timely manner to ensure alignment with project plans.
- Coordination of multi-phase test activities such as Component Integration Testing, System Integration Testing, Performance Testing, and any other test phases included in the project lifecycle.
- Provide test support, through review of test approach / strategies and attendance at defect meetings.
- Build a good working relationship with all areas within Technology – IT, Networks, and Operations.
- Liaise with other internal departments as required including IT, Network and Operations.
- Daily interaction with external Customers & vendors.
- C2 General
- Represent IT Delivery on cross functional Forums and deliver on agreed actions.
- Transition solutions into operational support as owner of the SIRT & QSIB process. Ensure effective hand over occurs for every new project before implementation. This includes presentation to QSIB and Operations walkthroughs.
- Support deployment phases by submission of intervention requests and post deployment closure phase
- Ability to operate in rapidly changing and dynamic environment Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong vendor management experience
- Experience of Agile Methodologies an advantage, Product backlog management and Agile Delivery Planning
- Ability to quickly gain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the existing applications
- Ability to independently perform an assignment to a high standard with the minimum amount of direction.
- Ability to provide accurate, precise & user-friendly documentation
- 7 yrs in a similar role
- Experience of E2E Programme management
- Have a 3rd Level qualification in IT or a related discipline
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Telecom Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- Relevant experience in a telecoms company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in the following areas is strongly desired:
- Telecoms network design
- IP Design and Connectivity
- Security Policies and Compliance
- Technical writing/documentation
- Internet Architecture
- UNIX, File transfer, Firewalls
- Project Management
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Martina Daly in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.