Data Architect & Reporting Solutions Engineer
- Long-term day-rate contract
- Hybrid contract with our client based in Co Cork
About the Role:
The Engineer will be part of a team responsible for developing and implementing IT solutions which will be used during the manufacturing and batch release processes. They will be involved in defining and building the data architecture leveraging the Azure Cloud where possible. The role will span the whole product life cycle, from requirements through design, testing and delivery of the system into production. The role will require a strong knowledge of SQL server architecture and scripting and knowledge of the Azure platform. The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under your own initiative as well as experience of dealing with software development teams and business users. This role is an opportunity to be involved from the initial project stage to help shape the data solutions for a new continuous manufacturing facility.
- Achieves organizational goals by defining, integrating, and upgrading a comprehensive architecture to support applications, platforms, and databases.
- Maintains and supports existing solutions and databases by determining structural requirements and developing and installing solutions.
- Ensures security of all information and computer systems and digital data.
- Defines infrastructure for design and integration of systems and data by analysing information requirements, studying business operations and user-interface requirements, and directing development of physical database.
- Determines platform architecture, technology, and tools.
- Develops reporting solutions to meet requirements, preparing documentation on requirements, design and testing and executing testing to ensure quality solutions.
- Coordinate the testing of the overall solution with business users
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project/product lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Quality Standards and Practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in defining and developing data architecture and implementing and supporting IT solutions
- Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
- Problem-solving capability with experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined and solutions are delivered to meet these needs
- Ability to clearly present technical information to fellow technical professionals as well as non-technical peers
- SQL Server Knowledge including environment set-up, SQL scripting, experience in writing stored procedures and knowledge of linked servers.
- Expert knowledge of databases including schemas, tables, Indexes, index management, statistics and related maintenance and optimizations tasks
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting tools such as Azure Synapse Analytics, SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, Tableau etc
- Knowledge of integration tools such as ETL, OPC, APIs etc.
- Knowledge of data virtualization tools such as Denodo
- Knowledge of SQL Server to Azure cloud tools
- Experience of writing life-cycle documentation validation plans, requirements gathering, design documentation, system configuration, system testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of 21CFR Part 11 requirements, ER/ES and data integrity guidelines
- 1-2 Years of Azure Cloud experience
- BS degree in Computing or other related field, or equivalent experience
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this