Platform Tech Lead Analyst - Linux/SQL/Big Data/Cloud - sought by leading investment bank based in Beflast - Contract - Hybrid
* Management and oversight of applications portfolio from technology perspective
* Acts as Platform SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members (Tech/Ops/Architecture/Engineering)
* Maintaining current and complete application information repository and keeping it compliant with regulatory obligations and internal processes, policies, and standards.
* Subject matter expertise for designated applications and functional areas to support business and tech processes.
* Participation in global and regional initiatives to support business and technology driven projects
* Active monitoring of applications to identify policy compliance risks, vulnerabilities, and security issues
* Participate in Vulnerability Assessment Testing and remediation of issues
* Participation in application releases, development, testing, deployment into production and COB testing.
* Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
* Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
* Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
* Working with 3rd party vendors on application development requirements/delivery and support of PROD management team in resolution of PROD incidents.
* Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
* Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower-level analysts
* Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
* Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
Qualifications & Education:
* Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
* Around 5 years of relevant experience in application support or development area
* Over 8 years of overall experience in Platform delivery management.
* Subject Matter Expertise in infrastructure/ Hardware/ Software/ Database/ Middleware stack
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle, release management, change management
* Deep understanding of technology platforms and infrastructure (Linux/SQL/Oracle/MQ/NDM/OpenShift/Microservices/Containers)
* Exposure to External cloud hosting services such as AWS, IBM, Google cloud and Implementation of Blockchain technologies is a plus
* 5+ years of experience in Hadoop/big data technologies.
* 3+ years of experience in ECS/OpenShift and Ci/CD pipeline.
* 2+ year of experience working on messaging platforms such as MQ/Kafka.
* 2+ year of experience working on Google or AWS cloud developing data solutions. Certifications is a Plus.
* Understanding of information security aspects and vulnerability thread management
* Experience in project management area as project team member (Waterfall/Agile)
* Business knowledge/understanding of financial markets and products will be a plus
* Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
* Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
* Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
* Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
* Can-do attitude on solving complex business problems, good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Please apply within for further detail or call
Matt Holmes - Harvey Nash
Email me jobs like this