As an IT Field Engineer for you will work for one of Ireland most progressive MSPs Microsoft partners. You’ll work across several client sites, making sure everything is running smoothly and delivering high quality services to the end user. You'll work on new client migrations, installations & upgrades.
You’ll form part of a field support team of engineers, on Microsoft products, installing networks and fixing PCs, network systems and providing software support across a range of products. You must have several years Technical Support, IT System Admins or Field Service Engineer experience with Microsoft products such as Office 365 Admin, Active Directory, Hyper-V and it's a bonus if you know Azure (you'll get training in Azure anyway).
You'll work around the Dublin area, typical a couple of days a week on site or in the office, and after 3 months in the role, you will be able to have a hybrid working arrangement with a few days work from home per week.
Day-to-day duties for Field Service IT Engineer Dublin:
- Installation and break/fix of PCs, notebooks, mobile platforms and printers.
- Installation and troubleshooting of network devices and WiFi access points.
- Installation and break/fix of digital and VOIP telephony systems.
- Installation and troubleshooting of a wide range of enterprise level and bespoke software.
- Software support for: Microsoft Windows, Office, Skype for Business products, Exchange and Active directory, and mobile OS (IOS and Android).
- Escalating, updating and resolving tickets to team SLA.
- Working as part of a team during extensive site refurbishments.
- Providing weekly and ad hoc updates to senior IT engineer as appropriate.
- Documenting project work.
Essential skills for the Field Service IT Engineer opportunity.
- At least five years’ experience at least Level 2 IT Engineer preferably customer facing or MSP experience.
- Hardware experience, including desktops and laptops, printers and Microsoft Products like Office 365 Admin, Active Directory and Hyper-V.
- Software experience including Windows, Mac OS, MS Office and Firewall knowledge i.e. Sonicwall is a bonus.
- Networking experience and a strong understanding of wireless, TCP/IP and DNS.
- A full, clean Irish driving licence or a license that allows you to drive in Ireland legally.
- An industrious and motivated approach with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be customer-focused and deal with a wide range of people.
- Able to work effectively both on your own initiative and as part of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to independently resolve a wide variety of complex problems using your expertise and research capabilities.
- Experience of working with third party suppliers, both on-site and off.
- Ability to suggest additional services & products to clients on which you get bonus commission.
In return for your IT Support skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, mobile phone and laptop, and an excellent salary.
You will received additional training both in-house and on official courses on Microsoft products such as Azure, and Firewalls.
Hybrid work from home available after 3 months on the job.
Client is based in North Dublin, so you must be able to reasonably get there for office days.
You must be legal to work in Ireland, with the correct visa, and you must have several years proven Field Service Engineer or IT Support experience.
Please send your CV today to Gerry Nolan at Stack and Co