itContracting are seeking to recruit a Software Engineer - .Net/C# for our client based in Carlow.
Our clients Enrollment IT Support Team is hiring for a Software Engineer who will be a key member of the Agile team working on the Acquisitions Journey.
To succeed in this role the candidate will need strong knowledge in application development using .NET, C# involving SQL Server.
They will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications.
The Software Engineer will ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools. Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments that are blocking their progress.
- Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve sprint by sprint and readily receives feedback for self-improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques, where practical.
- Demonstrates an interest in software architectures and seeks to design solutions in alignment with Company stated architecture and standards.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to confirm understanding of business requirements relating to features to be delivered and to help the Business Analyst define requirements that can be delivered from a technical perspective.
- Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery.
- Collaborate with Test Engineers to ensure that software meets the ‘definition of done’; ensuring successful transition of work to the next stage of production during the sprints.
- Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards; and ensures application and system stability.
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with demonstrated success in software development and software development practices.
- Strong Application development knowledge using .Net, C#, API development.
- Knowledge and development experience using JAVA would be beneficial.
- Knowledge in DevOps process adoption.
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies. Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
For more information please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this