itContracting are currently seeking applicants for Head of Cyber Defence Operations .This is a permanent, Hybrid position located with our client in Dublin, Cork or Kildare.
• Provide independent and objective oversight of the management of security risk and controls across organisation.
• Work with the COO and the Head of IT to develop and maintain a cyber security strategy for the client.
• Review and make recommendations on cyber defence technology
• As part of daily (BAU) operations, work with internal and external teams and stakeholders to essentially act as the internal ‘Blue Team’ to proactively and continually assess security measures, identify and address issues, and protect the business, its customers, and their information in day-to-day operations from internal and external threats.
• Maintain and embed technical security best practice, security design & architecture, secure development, engineering and configuration disciplines and robust technical security controls more deeply into the operational technical environments supporting the business area in order to improve the groups security posture and manage/mitigate cyber risk exposure.
• Influence, advise and direct the business in designing and delivering technical security improvements and efficiencies across relevant functions, processes, controls, and technologies, where required to manage identified risks and issues.
• Provide leadership, oversight and technical security direction and support in the event of cyber incidents, alerts/events and/or related data breaches
• Deliver threat intelligence services and threat hunting activities and manage related alerts.
• Manage the day-to-day relationship with and processes between Ardonagh Cyber Defence and Ops team and security managed services i.e., external SOC teams, key security tooling vendors etc – track and ensure vendors are meeting expectations and SLAs on any outsourced services.
• Support the CISO in relation to Cyber remediation initiatives and improvement programmes, along with provision of adequate reporting, metrics, and analysis on BAU technical security management and security risks and controls in order to help senior management and risk owners understand current cyber risk posture
• Work closely with the outsourced Security Operations Centres (SOC) for threat intelligence and management, monitoring and incident response
• Develop and maintain relevant cyber incident management procedures and playbooks
• Track and maintain a view of security incidents, risks and issues across the group
• Oversee and gain regular assurance of the delivery and effectiveness of segment IT level vulnerability scanning services and vulnerability management, patch management, firewall management and regular (localised IT) penetration testing in BAU – providing direction on prioritisation based on security risk exposure, where required.
• Perform other ad hoc cyber security duties which may arise in response to the needs of the business
• Increase user awareness and importance of Cyber Risk through the delivery and management of security awareness training and education programs
Essential Skills Required:
• Professional Security Qualification
• Other technical qualifications in best of breed security products
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a Technical role (Hardware, Software, Networking, Telecoms)
• Understanding of risk management principles and frameworks
• Excellent analysis and reporting skills Head of Cyber Defence Operations – August 22
• Technical knowledge: o Networking and firewall technologies o Endpoint Security controls o Security Information and Event Monitoring solutions o Security Architecture
• Direct experience in other IT Security/Information/Cyber Security fields such as threat intelligence, cloud, analytics, secure coding/application security, security monitoring etc.
• Able to disseminate and communicate complex technical information clearly to all levels of the organization
• Experience in at least one of the following: ITIL, ISO27001, PCI-DSS
• Experience of information security and data protection practice in financial services
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery, Backup and other business continuity technology and processes
• Microsoft Technologies including Azure Cloud, Windows Server, MS SQL and M/0365 Person Specification:
• Effective strategic and tactical planning and prioritisation
• Understand complex technical scenarios and provide clear guidance to manage potential risks.
• Willingness to work outside core business hours if required
• Willingness to travel on company business
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Daniel Gavin (0858589660 / email@example.com) in itContracting directly.
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this