Duration: 12 months
Location: Dublin North
itContracting on behalf of our enterprise client in Dublin have a requirement for a System Administrator with enterprise experience in a Wintel and VMware environment. If successfully selected, you will join our client’s IT team, on a long term day-rate contract basis working on a mix of senior BAU support and project work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer internal and customer facing servers and network devices.
- Proactively manage and monitor Windows Application & Database Servers, VMware Hypervisor Hosts for Performance or Health issues
- Monitor and support Infrastructure Health using HPE OneView & Infosight
- Update Implemented contingency plans
- Manage the monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions
- Ensure project documented best practices and support procedures are adhered to and kept in line with customers procedures
- Assist with cross training of customer team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- 4 – 7 years’ Experience within the IT industry
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016/2019) & VMware vCenter
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Involvement of deployments/rollouts on the infrastructure
- An understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration experience
- Unix/Linux experience would be a bonus
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this