itContracting are seeking a IT Level 1 Desktop Engineer for our client based in Shannon, Co. Clare.
This is a permanent position
About this Role:
The IT Level 1 Desktop Engineer will be part of the IT Infrastructure Team. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager they will be responsible for providing day-to-day support and administration to end users for LAN, desktops and servers. This role also supports remote access, Audio Visual support and Senior Executive support.
- Setup IT equipment and install software for various applications and programs
- Manage IT Service requests, prioritising appropriately within SLAs
- Provide 1st line support for IT to our staff at Pepper, to continue to provide ‘Best in class IT’ while delivering incredible customer service
- Deploy Desktop Imaging, Server hardware and software installation and upgrades via SCCM
- Administer key Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365 and SCCM, and Group Policies
- Manage IT inventory with accuracy and timeliness, including in-house and cloud-based applications; licenses and asset life cycle management
- Manage office printer infrastructure
- Provide User and Password management administration - Setting up /disabling users, email groups in Office365 and various other applications etc.
- Perform daily system checks and provide management reports including weekly and monthly statistics
- Provide Help with AV/VC equipment when cross team meetings occur or when company-wide events happen
Skills & Experience
- IT related qualification
- Office365, Windows 10, Windows Server, VMware, Active Directory, Azure
- Good working knowledge of WSUS, SCCM, GPO for Windows patching, imaging and management.
- Experience with Powershell scripting, Group Polices
- Good Networking skills – TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN, WiFi, DHCP, DNS, supporting Cisco / Juniper switches.
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication or similar, tape management
- Previous experience in providing administration support for Cloud applications including Office365
- Strong team player who understands that customer service comes first before anything else
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced
- Able to meet deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines
- Deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences including your team and IT leadership
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role in a Financial Services environment (desirable)
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Holly Grant (email@example.com) in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this