itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Network Engineer. This is a permanent position located with our client in Dublin.
- Completing relevant project artefacts for Network focused projects (High Level Design, Low Level Design, Change Requests and Acceptance into Service Artefacts).
- Implementing solutions for network projects.
- Documenting business requirements and project proposal documentation including identifying areas for improvement; documenting ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ scenarios; producing ROM costs; promoting cost savings; promoting security etc.
- Review project designs and change requests to ensure business process improvements have been undertaken and requirements are documented correctly.
- Knowledge transfer & training to relevant Service Team
- Working with the PMO to ensure projects run smoothly.
- Providing input to the development and promotion of technical standards & templates e.g. architecture assessment documents.
- Assisting in the prioritisation of work requests with the PMO and Business.
- Reporting to the Technology & Security Services Manager.
- Internal: Constituent sections of the Technology & Security Services team including Technology Development, Managed Services, Service Delivery, and Security Services.
- Internal: Project Management Office.
- Internal: Business teams.
- Within Operating Companies: IT Managers.
- Within Operating Companies: Business teams.
- External: Third-party Suppliers & Vendors.
- Expert knowledge of WAN/LAN Technologies.
- Experience of design, configuration & implementation for Data Centre and branch office networks.
- Excellent knowledge of Wireless Technologies (preferably Aruba).
- Knowledge of Network IP Address Design & Optimisation.
- Good understanding of routing protocols (OSPF and BGP).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver service in high demand / pressure circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate accurately and clearly to business and IT users.
- Good problem solving, reporting and documentation skills.
- Good presentation skills & ability to host meetings to an audience.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise when to prioritise & report clearly on service demand.
- Good Knowledge of latest vendor offerings and industry trends.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related area.
- Experience working with third party vendors including ISP, Cloud Suppliers and Telcos in the Irish Market.
- Minimum of 7 years technical experience in large enterprise network environment.
- Certifications in the following (Preferable): Cisco CCNP, Aruba Mobility, Aruba Clearpass, Aruba Switching and Aruba Design, PCCSA
- ITIL certification desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Alison Gleeson in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this