IT Project Manager - Contract - Dublin 1 (Hybrid)
The Senior IT Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of largescale IT projects and programmes of work, encompassing varying degrees of complexity and profile. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of the most effective, timely and appropriate software and technology solutions aligned with project governance structures and methodologies.
1. Mobilise and project manage the delivery of assigned IT projects, programmes and/ or portfolios to meet the agreed business requirements within timescale, cost and quality constraints;
2. Build and manage highly effective relationships with business project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to deliver the optimal solution.
3. Determine appropriate escalation paths and make recommendations in respect of solutions to issues to ensure projects are delivered in line with time, cost and quality targets.
4. Track and monitor project budgets in line with the internal processes and ensure effective tracking and reporting to stakeholders and finance teams;
5. Proactively manage Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies, ensuring these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary so that the projects have the best chance of success.
6. Ensure regular effective communications with all stakeholders and provide visibility of progress of projects, demonstrating control over both internal and supplier progress, in order to provide certainty regarding the continued viability of projects and enable re-planning if necessary to deliver to agreed timelines
7. Follow project management methodologies and related processes to ensure that effective governance is in place for assigned projects.
8. Provide necessary leadership and work with all stakeholders involved in project delivery to manage the scope and planning of the project; and secure the necessary skills and resources required at the right time aligned with demand management processes, in order to ensure successful project completion.
9. Provide feedback to line managers on the performance of assigned resources and provide input as appropriate to assignees performance management to assist their development
10. Manage supplier/ vendor activities where external resources are being used, ensuring commercial agreements are in adherence with procurement and payment policies and guidelines;
11. Manage relationships with third parties including regular reviews of performance; and facilitate vendor selections, making sure that the appropriate stakeholders are involved and the appropriate owners for vendors are identified;
12. Manage IT key outsourced IT partner to ensure the partner delivers on time, within budget and deliverables meet the required level of QA.
13. Manage and contribute to the development of Tenders where required for different workstreams and adherence to public procurement process.
14. Ensure weekly and monthly reporting into the programme manager, steering groups and PMO are delivered on time
15. Drive post implementation reviews to ensure the lessons learned are identified, documented and used to continually improve project delivery;
16. Problem solve issues recommending solutions or escalating issues as appropriate. 17. Provide relevant skills transfer, coaching and mentoring to other team members.
Role will be required from early October 2022.
The successful candidate will initially be assigned to work on a project encompassing the implementation of a large scale document management system.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in Project / Programme management or equivalent delivering IT software and technology solutions in enterprise organisations; • Project management certification - PMP, PRINCE2 or equivalent;
• Strong experience in managing projects using a recognised methodology and with practical experience in techniques and tools, ideally in a similar business background (e.g. financial services, etc.);
• Strong knowledge and experience of budget setting, management and control; • Demonstrated experience in multi-vendor environments with associated supplier/ vendor management skills; • Experience in public procurement and contract creation/agreement will be an advantage;
• Experience in best practice governance of IT projects and end to end service lifecycle management;
• Knowledge of best practice support & maintenance processes to ensure effective transition to operation of large scale IT solutions;
• Strategic outlook coupled with the ability to offer pragmatic solutions in support of organisational and IT requirements;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and must be effective at presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels; • Excellent leadership skills generating commitment and passion within matrixed and direct team structures;
• Ability to remove ambiguity creating clarity and direction;
• Self-starter who shows initiative and works without supervision.
Apply today for more
Email me jobs like this