Infrastructure Engineer/Systems Engineer - AD, Networks, VMware, Exchange
A renowned global professional services firm with over 25 offices worldwide, providing advisory/consultancy services with specialisms in multiple industry sectors, offering a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle - from proactive risk management to the ability to respond rapidly to unexpected events and dynamic environments.
A Systems Engineer required to work on several technology implementation deployments (not a support role with users), utilizing your experience and skills related to Windows/Linux operating system, VMware, server hardware, desktops, server software, data communications, network troubleshooting and Active Directory. This is an initial 6-month role working on projects such as a data center refresh, switch configurations, VMware upgrades, reconfiguration of management network, comms room layout and rack utilization, mailbox/data migrations and AD topology restructuring upgrading Windows Servers).
Core technical skills & experience for the Systems Engineer role are:
* A self-starter who is comfortable working on various technical upgrades/deployments/configuration projects, take ownership of issues involved through to completion.
* Strong Exchange, Active Directory
* Virtualisation (VMware) - configuration & maintenance
* Cisco Networking (LAN/WAN/Routing/VPN) - configuration & maintenance.
* PowerShell Scripting
* AWS - Nice to have, but not essential
* Monitor & test systems performance, identify weaknesses and work to implement solutions.
* Firewall, Router, switch and WIFI configuration & maintenance.
* Provide clear and concise reports on status of all calls to Sr. Director of Information Technology.
* Maintain up to date documentation of builds, and software package deployment.
You will also have Technical Certifications or equivalent in a mixture of the following:
* CCNA, VCP, Microsoft MTA, Cloud+, Good understanding of information security
*This role will be based in Dublin, so you must be able to be based in Dublin for the duration of the contract, or commutable to their office. There will be a mixture of office and home/remote working, depending on the project requirements. It is an initial 6 - months role, outside of IR35*
For more information on the position - Systems Engineer, please email me your CV.
Email me jobs like this