Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Croydon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Stratford.
Closing on 11:55 pm on Wednesday 20th July 2022
About the job
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
At HMRC, we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. We want to maximise the potential of everyone who works for us, and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make an exciting career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success, and we encourage applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
About the Customer Compliance Group (CCG) & Customer Compliance Finance & Planning (CCFP)
Customer Compliance Group (CCG) is a Business area that ensures that HMRC successfully collects the full and correct amount of money due from UK taxpayers, investigates offences against the tax system and takes action to identify and mitigate potential threats. In CCG, we want to provide a quality service to help customers get their tax right. We want to make it easy for them to repay or receive the right money at the right time.
With one of the largest enterprise changes taking place on information management and security, this is an exciting time to join Customer Compliance Finance & Planning (CCFP) Directorate, within our Customer Compliance Group (CCG) business group. In CCFP, a significant part of our role is working as a central service function for CCG business group that includes multiple directorates.
This is a newly created role situated as part of Security and Information Management (S&IM) team in CCFP providing services to information management, data protection, cyber and information security, incident management and business continuity. As a member of the S&IM, you will be at the forefront of driving operational delivery and embedding change for CCG business group.
The role will create an opportunity to drive improvement and innovation, adopt strategic and external frameworks, network and collaborate, ensuring business and service continuity in an ambitious department, with a diverse range of stakeholders and access to services - making your mark in security, business and service continuity in a large and progressive organisation.?
Given the varied nature of security and business continuity, and size of our organisation, this role would suit someone who is ambitious, is a self-starter, enjoys being hands-on and looking to expand knowledge in a changing and expansive business.
In addition, you will bring pragmatism to your leadership and working style, using your knowledge of programme, agile project management and operational delivery to create sustainable uplift in security and business continuity practices in our business.
As Head of Business Continuity and Resilience you will be:
• Leading gap analysis and improvements in business and service continuity, disaster recovery and creating resilience by designing, building, and delivering a robust contingency operation, against requirements, policies, frameworks, and best practices (e.g., ISO22301, ISO27001, National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Cyber Assessment Framework).
• Building an effective business continuity and crisis management regime, being responsible for the development of products e.g., business impact assessments (BIA), business continuity plans (BCP) and test plans across the business - embedding governance, roles, and responsibilities.
• Creating confidence through scenarios, playbooks, test plans, simulations, and resource planning.
• Developing, implementing, and amplifying policies, procedures, processes, guidance, standards, and best practice, and ensuring oversight through effective governance and forums.?
• Driving and delivering strategy, commissions, positive culture change and continuity of critical operational and technology services in the business through designing and running effective campaigns; taking people on a journey.
• Assembling teams (e.g., rapid response) through inspiring and clear messaging, communications and engaging across the department/externally on security, business continuity and resilience. A self-starter, leading from the front with their ability and can do to apply hands on expertise.
• Ability to lead and command in the event of a crisis, incident or disaster recovery and leading people.
• Promoting and championing the continuous development and improvement ethos, showing leadership through a flexible approach, improving staff capability, and developing robust plans - in a fast and changing environment.?
• Willingness to adapt to new opportunities, commitments and demands of the business, as part of a senior team and working in a changing environment.
You are required to demonstrate experience of the following within your application:
• Holds 2 or more from the following academic or professional qualification list or equivalent:
o Graduate or a postgraduate qualification in information security, cyber, business continuity, law, engineering, or related subject.
o Professional certification from CISSP, ISO22301 Lead Auditor, ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management (PCBCM), CBCI, ISO27001 ISMS Lead Auditor or equivalent.
• Experienced and working professional in business continuity, resilience, incident response & management, information security or cyber with working knowledge of using industry best practices and frameworks (examples: ISO22301, ISO27001 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), NCSC Cyber Assessment Framework (CAF), NIST or equivalent).?
• Proven record in creating and/or the development of security or business continuity products and deliverables (examples: BIA, BCPs, BCM Framework; Communication Strategy and Plans; forming/leading a Gold/Silver/Bronze Command function; test plans).
• An excellent communicator at all level, with strong written ability, who builds effective stakeholder relationships and creates trust through hands on experience.?
• Ability to present and brief at senior audience on complex data or designs, through the creation of visual aids that are clear and concise.
• Developed frameworks, policies, procedures, guidance and/or best practices in security, business continuity and incidents response and management.
• Applied business continuity and security activity in UK Government.?
• Working knowledge of technology/cloud services, for example: AWS and/or Microsoft products (Azure, O365, SharePoint online).?
• Knowledge of generating MI/statistics e.g., Tableau, Power BI.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Making Effective Decisions
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.
Find more about HMRC benefits in 'Your little extras and big benefits handbook' for further information or visit Thinking of joining the Civil Service
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
See our vetting charter.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete a name blind CV and a 1250--word Statement of Suitability,
• Your CV should detail your job history and qualifications and will be scored against the experience required outlined in the advert.
• Your Statement of Suitability (maximum of 1250 words) should illustrate why you think you meet the essential criteria plus knowledge and experience for this role.
A sift of your Statement of Suitability and CV will be conducted against the essential criteria required as outlined for the advertised post.
..... click apply for full job details
Email me jobs like this