Job Title: Solution Architect (Data)
Location: Dublin 1
6 Month Contract
Day Rate Circa 650 eur - 675 eur
Hybrid working model - 1 - 2 Days onsite, 3 days working from home.
Purpose Of the Role
The Solutions Architect develops appropriate architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects. He/she will participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment. He/she will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering a solution architecture that is compliant with the Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction. This is a hands-on role. The right person would come from a technical background, working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
We are specifically looking for an individual with a Data Architecture background to aid in providing focus for our Data architectural practices - owning both design and refinement of the enterprise wide data model. You will excel in all things data, to act as a trusted advisor supporting all aspects of data engineering, governance and analytics. Ensuring the compliance to architectural standards and alignment to the data strategy. This role will work with a small team of specialists delivering a modern data platform, to underpin the company's growth through digital services. The focus will be on data models & designs that ensure business outcomes can be clearly measured. This role will be selecting & designing a data integration, quality & analytics platform. Be involved in new technology, implementing an event driven architecture, with modern data tools.
Assignments are of high complexity, are focused on multiple features, functions, applications and technologies where the impacts and risks associated with these developments are high.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
* Clear understanding of the impact of digitisation on the Life & Pensions sector and on IS delivery
* Solution Architecture experience, especially data architecture
* Ability to influence & effectively support Senior IS and Business leaders
* Excellent collaboration skills both with your own team and with your peers across the IS organisation
Reporting to the Lead IS Architect this senior role provides direction and leadership to project teams, including mentoring others. It interacts with Business Management, Senior Management, internal companies, external partners, third party vendors, and/or other divisions.
Key Responsibilities Include To
* Develop data architecture and designs for application and infrastructure projects
* Contribute to the strategic direction of data architecture across the I.S. Enterprise Architecture
* Contribute to/forms the strategic directions for the use of data concepts, technologies, languages and patterns.
* Provide direction and leadership to project teams
* Ensure solutions adhere to present and future business objectives
* Explore and clarify architectural data requirements for all internal projects, around the collection, cleansing, storage, sharing and use of data
* Design the architecture of a typical toolbox of data technologies and communicate this design to a broad audience
* Provide architectural direction on the technical aspects of data engineering and analytics
* Research develop & implement architectural best practice for data (data governance, data management, data quality monitoring & automated cleansing)
* Provide clear, concise data models & structures needed to develop/configure solutions that unlock business value.
* Define the execution/automation of data governance processes & controls
* Responsible for the conceptual & logical data models used across the change portfolio
* Support many and varied use-cases across MI, analysis and data science
* Work cross-functionally to integrate a modern BI tools and approaches with Legacy data warehouses
* Adapt agile development practices to incorporate Datamodelling, devising and writing assertions and validation that verify complex business logic
* Work alongside data engineers, data scientists, developers, analysts and business users
Essential Skills and Experience
* 7+ years systems/solutions architecture experience.
* Strong stakeholder management and communications skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex ideas and explain technology and systems
* Knowledge of regulations on data collection, use, storage (eg infosec) and sharing (eg GDPR) - in the Ireland and internationally - and how they affect technical requirements
* Architectural knowledge of the Azure & AWS public cloud platforms, associated NoSQL databases, integration and reporting technologies
* Knowledge and hands-on experience of data, databases, and data technologies including AI, ML, ETL, BI
* You know how to prototype in collaboration, to better understand what a business problem, explore a complicated concept, or demonstrate the art of the possible
* Good knowledge of Application Engineering, and DevOps/Agile practices - experience of Agile Methodologies and operating in agile/scrum based teams
* Strong competencies in Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Problem Solving, Working on own initiative
* Experience of Balancing Workloads, and Staff Mentoring.
* Candidates should have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation.
* Candidates must have experience in producing high quality architectural and design documentation, and delivering presentations to senior management and project teams. The core language is English.
* Candidates must have a good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks.
* Candidates must have designed and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations.
Some technologies used are:
* MS Azure cloud environment.
* Container technologies like Kubernetes/Docker.
* OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
* Relational Databases and data warehousing technology - in particular SQL Server & Oracle & MySQL
* Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory,
* eBusiness applications using J2EE
* Candidates must be proficient with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Web services (SOAP and REST)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to explain complex IT applications in simple user friendly language.
* Experience working with Business SMEs and Leaders
* Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to craft effective solutions
* Excellent team player, collaborative, and supportive
* Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
* A solution driven, self-starter with commitment and follow through
* Fluent in English - written and verbal
Desired Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of insurance or financial services industry applications and functionality.
* Experience using JIRA and Confluence
* Working knowledge of German language would be an asset.
* 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Email me jobs like this