Head of IT
Location: Killybrone, Ireland
Salary: Very Competitive, Depending on Experience
Asthe Head of IT , you will be defining and implementing the IT roadmap to align with the company's business objectives. Broad skills in network and infrastructure management. Lead, manage & mentor the IT team while providing knowledge to help grow the experience/ skill within the team.
Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems. This will include operating systems, servers, PCs, tablets, phones, software apps and peripherals.
A great opportunity for an IT manager (Head of IT) to take full responsibility and control of the IT infrastructure. Develop new IT strategies and lead end-to-end delivery of digital projects for digital transformation As the Head of IT / IT Manager, you can expect to receive a very competitive salary, depending on experience, plus benefits.
The Job Role:
* As the Head of IT, you will be fully responsible for the network infrastructure, including all aspects of the Microsoft O365 environment, desktop, and network security, ensuring best practices and standards.
* The role is to oversee the use of technology throughout the business including its development and implementation across all areas of the business.
* Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed,
* Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing.
* Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end-users.
* Keeping up to date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
* Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
* Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting.
* Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure
* Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
* Evaluating risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
* Assessing and purchasing new and replacement hardware
* Assuring that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
* Testing, troubleshooting, and adjusting information systems to operate effectively
* Implementing security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems
* All other duties that may be reasonably required with job holders level in the company.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
* 5 years' experience in IT industry
* Experience in managing a team and developing people
* Experience with Office 365 administration
* Experience with data analysis in Power BI / similar
* Degree in IT
* Self-starter individual.
* Good communication, administrative and organisational skills.
* Good writing skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Flexible, innovative, and keen to develop skills.
* Adaptable and able to work on a variety of tasks, prioritising as appropriate.
Benefits and culture:
* Work at a well-established and progressive company with a friendly team, and great a working atmosphere.
* Work in a company that deeply invests in their staff development and progression.
* Very competitive salary and company benefits
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Email me jobs like this