About the Role
Designs, develops, and maintains logical designs of mission critical enterprise application systems and services that leverages Restful services and serverless architecture. Ensures that application and services designs align with our strategic technology direction and mission of helping stranded motorists digitally connect to our platform. Recommends strategies for improving system applications and services with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, availability and performance. These include:
* Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing risk and alternatives as appropriate and implementing pragmatic roadmaps that lead to durable solutions
* Evaluating and interpreting requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate capabilities
* Performing code reviews, identifying potential issues to reduce technical debt and providing coding best practice recommendations
* Taking ownership of tasks and delivering with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary
* Inspire and mentor your engineering colleagues - especially junior engineers in your charge
* Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team, systems, and organization around you.
* Deliver products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
* Contribute to developing a strong culture of quality, availability, and security through attention to detail and by supporting industry leading best practices
* Drive optimal solution design collaborating with product owners, architects, operations, client services, and cross-functional teams to move fast on creating solutions to client and business problems and as well as be able to identify and act on new opportunities
* BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
* Experience building large, complex systems, particularly web services, RESTful APIs, and continuous integration and delivery.
* 5-8 years software application development and design experience
* Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Prior experience collaborating with Product Managers and Owners.
* Create database schemas that represent and support business processes, experience with one or more of PostGres SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, DynamoDB
* Familiarity with AWS or Azure
* C#/Java Experience
* Experience with microservice and serverless architectures
* Experience with React.js and/or Angular.js
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Email me jobs like this