itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Data Architect. This is a permanent hybrid position located with our client in Dublin.
The client is a cutting-edge, scale-up company with a start-up mindset which innovates in the energy industry headquartered in Dublin, with offices in Cork, London and Houston, USA.
- Leading the design and delivery of innovative data solutions using latest services from Azure eco-system.
- Exploiting industry best practices and your experience to create a data platform to enable business growth.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to collect and document technical requirements.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency
- Azure/AWS Experience (3+ years). Azure Data Certification a plus
- Experience with Data Warehouse design and Kimball methodology
- ETL experience using SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Experience working with SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
- SQL server schema design and optimization to meet performance requirements
- Python programming for Data engineering and clean up. Spark/Data bricks experience will be a plus
- Experience of working with Power BI and DAX programming.
- Good understanding and experience of working with data security options on Azure.
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into design of end-to-end data systems including scalability, HA and DR
- Technologies: SQL Server, data integration, ETL Design, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server and Azure Synapse
- Core Programming languages: T-SQL, Power Shell, Azure API, DAX
- A minimum of a third level degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Commercial experience in Data Warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Experience in handling large and complex datasets using multiple programming languages (T-SQL, Python, R etc.) is essential
- Experience analysing multiple business domains and translating them to dimensional designs for analytics and reporting
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques. Experience working with Data Scientists and Machine Learning teams.
- Data governance experience desirable
- The following experience would be advantageous but not essential:
- Experience working in an energy related industry combined with a passion for energy sustainability and innovation
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Niall Moloney
eir evo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Ref: ITC 4435
Email me jobs like this