itContracting are seeking to recruit IT Risk Analyst for our client based in Dublin & Wexford
The role will report to the IT Risk Governance function, reporting to the IT Risk Governance Lead
The IT Risk Governance function works closely with multiple stakeholders including Business Change, IT Services, Business Resilience, local subject matter experts, the wider Risk function and key 3rd parties.
This Information Assurance Role will also be key to supporting contract owners in the oversight of 3rd party suppliers and partners that help deliver the business services for our clients customers.
IT Risk Governance Function:
The successful candidate will play a key role with responsibilities including…
- Work with the IT Governance Lead to enhance existing IT risk management and oversight
- Work with IT, Contract Owners & stakeholders to provide operational risk governance of IT services and 3rd Parties
- Support overall Business Continuity Resilience capability
Role & Responsibilities:
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Gather and validate information to provide assurance of IT Operational effectiveness of IT Services and 3rd party service providers
- Identify actions to remediate IT operational gaps with IT Services and 3rd party service providers
- Work with stakeholder to close IT operational gaps with IT Services and 3rd party service providers
- Collate and assess evidence of operational effectiveness of IT Services and 3rd party service providers
- Ensure and monitor the execution of IT control activities based on consistent application of sound risk management principles
- Advise and support delivery of IT Risk process improvements
- Support implementation of Business Continuity Resilience processes as required
- Support supplier managers on oversight of 3rd Party relationships
- Monitor adherence to Risk Appetite (ZIP and ZLAP) and ensure an effective risk plans are in place where necessary;
- Participate in risk assessments. Work with stakeholders to develop risk mitigation action plans and monitor the completion of these plans;
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd line
- Upskilling of and supporting existing team members
- Provide input to risk reports and risk governance on material risk matters
Additional Job Functions:
- Builds excellent working relationship with IT Risk Governance Lead
- Builds good working relationships with IT Director, Deputy IT Director, COO, CRO, Business Information Security Officer, IT Services Teams
- Builds good working relationships with contract owners of 3rd Party Suppliers
- Builds good working relationships with Business Resilience and Risk functions
- Engagement with partners
- Engagement with external parties like auditors and regulatory bodies
- Responds maturely to ambiguity and complexity.
Performance Management Accountabilities
Skills & Knowledge & Education:
Having one or more of the following technical competencies:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification would be strongly desirable. (Support given for further certification / upskilling)
- Knowledge of Central Bank of Ireland and other regulatory requirements for the management of IT related risks;
- Experience in IT Service and infrastructure management is desirable
- Knowledge of secure Application Development process and controls is desirable
- Ability to understand IT Risk Policies, Controls and the development of action plans for full implementation.
- Experience of the Business Continuity Frameworks would be desirable
- Experienced in developing tools, reports, metrics for support evidence of controls
- Experience of working in a cross functional, distributed working environment
- Knowledgeable in financial industries IT governance frameworks
Competencies and behaviours
- Proactive, enthusiastic with a hunger for excellence
- Able to cope with fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures.
- Problem solving and judgement skills
- A good team worker, building team spirit
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving issues
- An ability to work independently and under limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills in articulation of policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with colleagues and 3rd Parties on a pro-active basis
- Works in a systematic, methodical & orderly way
- Strong influencing skills.
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Take accountability for participating in the Performance management cycle.
- Take action to improve performance on the job.
- Assist and support co-workers.
- Take action to manage own personal development.
- Approach tasks with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Holly Grant in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this