The successful candidate will play a leading role in Trade and Communication Surveillance solutions architecture, bringing expertise in strategy, programme management and implementation of large-scale projects and migrations. Working collaboratively across teams you will use your analytical and creative skills to deliver innovative solutions. Roles & Responsibilities: This is a fantastic job for an Architect who loves technology and has an interest in Big Data (Java). You should be passionate about building a diverse and inclusive culture to create high performing teams.Key responsibilities are to:
* provide architecture leadership, assurance and direction across the teams driving the architecture strategy across the trade surveillance platform.
* work with the Engineering, Data, Analytics and AI teams to continually develop and evolve the existing strategy and architecture in line with my clients transformation agenda
* advocate best practices through the promotion of engineering excellence by working with engineering team leads to set and maintain standards and development practices
* drive innovation by trialing emerging data technologies to support our core architecture
* management and oversight of a global team
* collaborate as part of a global and diverse team
* work with the wider architecture community across a Global function.
Development Value: Our key strength is our people. We are committed to building skilled and diverse talent across our global teams. Skills: Working in architecture means you will use your passion for technology to interpret my clients's business strategy and translate it into target-state architecture for surveillance technology. You are driven to influence and develop best practices to implement the best possible solutions.
* In depth experience as an architect who is passionate about big data
* Excellent knowledge of big data architecture and implementations and associated issues.
* Experience of implementing cloud-based solutions.
* Hands on with legacy big data technologies such as Teradata, Netezza and Hadoop
* Experience with migrating on-prem applications to Cloud Architectures or developing cloud native applications for any of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift
* Strong leadership and influencing skills with a passion for building and developing your teams
* Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams across technology and business functions globally
* Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
* Ability to communicate complex solutions to clients and stakeholders in a clear and succinct manner. Proficiency in one or more programming languages like Java, Python etc.
What is on Offer:
* Highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
* Award winning pension scheme,
* Life assurance and
* Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, my client offers a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. I am a Business Director for Hays Technology, specialising in Software Development for Northern Ireland, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principals of customer service and delivery - I thrive on delivering for our clients.
Email me jobs like this