Senior Java Developer - Spring/Multi-threading - sought by leading investment bank based in Belfast (fully remote available)
* Design and develop functional enhancements for middle tier (Java) including introduction of new technologies (such as Spring Integration Framework) and best practices
* Provide SME support and assist in answering any client queries with respect to applications' core capabilities.
* The candidate will work with our business partners and analysts to understand the operational processes, to help translate the business requirements to technical design, develop solutions and deliver high quality code.
* The developer is expected to be a Senior Development Member of the team with strong Java back-end experience as well as having proven ability in how to approach, design and build enterprise-level solutions who is also ready to step up to the next level and also assume some leadership responsibilities.
* The candidate will have a strong background Java Spring (Core, Integration, Batch) is a must-have, knowledge of Spring Integration Framework is highly desirable.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and meet delivery timelines with a high degree of client satisfaction is critical.
Required Skills :
* Min 8-10 years of experience as Java Developer and at least 3-4 yrs exp in Java 8. Atleast 6 years of experience working with Spring (Core , Integration , Batch)/Hibernate and Messaging technologies like MQ, KAKFA /ActiveMQ and proven experience with using them in a large scale environment. Knowledge of handling high data volumes (ETL) using Spring Batch, Multi-Threading, Job Scheduling. Solid knowledge of SQL in the context of a major RDBMS such as DB2, UDB, Oracle. Good to have knowledge and experience in Big data - HBASE and Impala concepts. Experienced with XML parsing (including schemas), JSON and third party libraries like Gauva, lombok. Well versed with design standards & frameworks; experience in working on multiple technologies. Quick learner of new tools and technologies. Methodologies - Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven Development. Tools - Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Maven, TeamCity, Jenkins, JIRA and automated testing tools like Junit Excellent project management, time management, verbal and written communications skills, as the job entails simultaneously managing multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders. Proactive attitude, ability to run projects with minimal direction given the geographically distributed nature of the team
Desirable skills: Knowledge of functional programming like groovy and using in-memory databases like HSQL, H2 etc.. Familiarity with Messaging Systems like Tibco other ETL tools Be familiar with the specifics of the major file transfer protocols (FTP, sFTP, NDM) Familiar with major banking protocols, such as SWIFT 15022, 20022 and FIX Knowledge of Custody business
Please apply within for further detail or call .
Matt Holmes - Harvey Nash
Email me jobs like this