Job details: ICT Business Development Manager
The role holder will be responsible for providing sound technical advice to customers and internal team members creating competitive, highly functional solutions for our customers. The role will involve working closely with our key suppliers, customers, and delivery teams. A sound knowledge of SME ICT solutions and proven sales experience is required. Solution elements will include ICT hardware, networking, telecoms, security, and cloud-based services. Experience in selling Microsoft 365 application services solutions including MS Teams is essential.
Most of this role will involve working with SME business sector level solution environments. Solution design will need to include head office and remote site environments together with enabling our customers to work remotely.
Our aim is to design highly functional solutions adding value to our customers businesses while simultaneously providing simplicity from a technology user perspective.
The role holder will be involved in a range of direct interactions with customers including scoping business requirements, liaising with key suppliers and internal colleagues, and delivering executive level presentations and written proposals as part of the sales process.
Key Role Functions and Responsibilities
* Communicating directly with executive level customer contacts
* Working with key suppliers to understand and access market leading solution components
* ICT solution design and developing proposal / bid documents
* Creating detailed end to end solutions including key hardware, software, and services elements
* Working closely with colleagues including technical delivery teams to develop compelling, competitive customer proposals
* Understanding complex customer ICT technology environments including telephony, storage, networking, and compute environments together with a range of professional services
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of key ICT solution market trends, competitor activity and key supplier proposition developments.
* Contribute to development and sales of professional services options
* Preparing fully costed and priced proposals
* Maintaining accurate pipeline records and forecasting sales opportunities
* Extensive knowledge and technical experience in designing and selling ICT solutions.
* Skilled in designing comprehensive business ICT solutions including Telephony, hardware infrastructure, endpoints, networking, Microsoft 365 / Teams environments and security.
* Experienced in pre-sales solution design with a detailed understanding of delivery requirements
* Experienced in working individually and collaboratively as part of a larger team.
* Confident operating at board level with customers
* Strong ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and deliver effective time management
* A strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Strong commercial and business acumen
Education and/or Experience
* Minimum educational achievement of a relevant business / information technology degree or relevant experience
* At least 2+ years business development experience working directly with medium / large customers
* 2+ years of experience selling ICT solutions in business environments
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Email me jobs like this