IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
We are looking for a Depositary Analyst to join our Belfast Depositary team and carry out asset verification, cash monitoring and compliance oversight for investment funds investing in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, renewable energy, forestry and other asset classes.
You will be responsible for administering and managing a portfolio of Depositary clients, including, but not limited to, asset verification (primarily ensuring that each Client Fund or Fund entity has supplied sufficient information to prove good legal title over the assets it owns), cash monitoring (primarily ensuring all cash transactions are consistent with the Funds operations, and cash balances are reconciled) and compliance oversight (primarily ensuring the Client is complying with all relevant aspects of the AIFMD), understanding the AIFMD legislation and managing and building relationships with clients and other key business areas).
Day to day
* Ensuring each Client Fund or Fund entity have supplied sufficient documentary evidence to prove effective legal title over the assets they claim to own;
* Understanding risk factors across each asset class and/or the location of assets;
* Understanding the legal frameworks under which assets are held;
* Ensuring each Client Fund or Fund entity cash flows are in consistent with its operations and cash balances reconciled
* Ensuring ongoing Client compliance with the AIFMD
* To take responsibility for the duties delegated to you and to ensure that any concerns or potential risks are mitigated and where appropriate escalated to the Depositary Manager;
* Have the initiative and ability to suggest new procedures to efficiently and effectively assist the team going forward;
* To develop a working knowledge of AIFMD.
* Experience working in a dynamic and pro-active financial services environment, preferably within a Depositary function
* Working knowledge of the AIFMD is desirable but not necessary, full training will be provided
* Experience working with Collective Investments Schemes, ideally including Private Equity
* Comfortable reading and interpreting legal documents
* Basic understanding of the cash reconciliation process
* Appreciation for a strong control environment and the importance of compliance
* Adaptable and flexible with regard to activities undertaken
* Calm and practical under pressure
* Can take the initiative and put forward ideas and suggestions
* Meticulous and detail conscious
* Self-starter and comfortable working with a minimum of direct supervision
* Willingness to travel if necessary
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
Email me jobs like this