Location: Onsite permanent position (4 days a week min), directly for our client in North/West Dublin
Summary / purpose of the position
- Reporting to the Operations Technology Manager, the Automation Engineer is a key role in the OT sustaining team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME), ownership and administration for process automation systems in a GMP regulated manufacturing setting.
- Working closely with Manufacturing Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Validation and EHS personnel, the Automation Engineer will lead and support technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, troubleshooting and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure their systems remain compliant and reliable.
- Support new technology introductions and system upgrades, by leading the automation design criteria, performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes, and supporting engineering and qualification runs.
- As System Owner, the Automation Engineer shall have responsibility for all administration activities for their systems (monitoring, backup-restore, periodic reviews, version control, change management and Life Cycle Management).
Knowledge, abilities & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation & Controls , electrical engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science engineering.
- 5+ years’ Manufacturing automation experience in biopharmaceutical Formulation/Fill/Finish or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting PLC (e.g. Allen Bradley, Siemens), SCADA (e.g. IFix, InTouch, WinCC), PCS (e.g. Siemens PCS7), Batch Systems (e.g. iBatch and PCS7), and BMS (Cylon and Desigo)
- Industrial Networking experience with ControlNet (CNET), DeviceNet, Profibus etc.
- Experienced in the use of Automation support tool such as RSLinx, RSNetworx, FactoryTalk AssetCentre, VersionDog, ThinManager, PRTG Network Monitoring and OSIsoft PI Data Historian.
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards, GAMP5, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and EU Annex 11
- Working knowledge of network architecture technologies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls
- Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Experience in change control, non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions, and validation practices
- Experience and involvement with successful Pre-Approval Inspection or equivalent regulatory audit involving Programmable Electronic Systems is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation & Controls , electrical engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science.
- 2+ years’ experience required in configuring and maintaining programmable electronic systems used for process control, within a cGMP regulated environment (GAMP5, FDA 21 CFR11, EU ANNEX 11).
- Experience with Siemens PLC/HMI, PCS7 and SCADA configuration and maintenance.
- Aware of regulatory expectations together with the latest developments and automation issues within the global pharmaceutical industry (GAMP5, FDA 21 CFR11, EU ANNEX 11).
- Working knowledge of network architecture technologies including TCP/IP, Active Directory
Key Technical Competencies Required
- Excellent understanding of Automation & Control principles.
- Excellent Technical, analytical and organisational skills
- Independent, self-motivated, organised and able to multi-task in project environments.
- Clear and consise technical writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Proficient in managing relationships with stakeholders, coordinating and collaborating with teams from different departments in order to achieve common goals
- Travel at various times may be required to support execution of projects
- Proficient in the problem solving, technical support, maintenance, specification adherence and validation of Process Control system
Candidates must be eligible to work full time and long term in Ireland or currently hold a valid appropriate long term work Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this