This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client, one of world’s leading Manufacturing Companies
Long established internationally with the Latest Technologies
Our client is seeking a Senior Deskside Support engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment; works well independently as well as part of a team; can run projects, end user computing administration, asset management, AV administration, network systems administration, event management, vendor management while also mentoring junior team members.
The Senior Deskside Support engineer will proactively monitor internal Level 3 teams and industry trends and identifies technologies and solutions that could benefit the Enterprise, including development and deployment of those solutions and technology research. Additionally, the Senior Deskside Support engineer troubleshoots advanced incident related problems and ensures IT policies and procedures are created, maintained, and adhered to.
The Senior Deskside Support engineer must be well versed in advanced troubleshooting and administration of incident management, operating systems, audio visual technologies & solutions and network management systems.
- VIP Support: Support the Operating Unit Leadership Team for all IT related work. Conduct pre-checks and preventive maintenance of their UT environment. Provide spot training and tips and tricks for new technology.
- Technical Support: Be the region lead trouble-shooter and problem solver for various incident related issues that arise through tickets, escalation or vendor support.
- L3 Teams: Work with our various internal\external L3 teams for resolving problems, changes or new technologies. As well as interact with L3 teams to resolve any highlighted audit flags, policy issues or new technology updates or roll outs.
- Operational Excellence: Assist in maintaining and communicating general how to, best practices, knowledge base articles, policies and procedures related to TSM3 and the TCCC systems we support
- TS Business Partnering: Act as consultant to our and other regional TS teams to help determine needs and develop requirements using our various technologies and training programs.
- Technical Writer: Lead and regularly create update & review various Knowledgebase articles around how to guides, support guides, admin procedures and ad-hoc required documentation.
- Trainings and Workshops: Conduct IT trainings / workshops for Business Associates to drive new technology adoption as well as Cyber security awareness throughout our EMEA region.
- Mobility: Be our region lead working closely with our regional & local HR & Facility Teams in ensuring all requirements are met for onboarding\offboarding of TCCC associates and driving our various induction programs.
- Project Management: Be the IT project lead working closely with the TSM, TS PM & L3 teams in delivering various projects on time, in scope and within budget.
- Governance: Be the lead for our region to regularly review our compliance and adherence to TCCC policies and best practice, these being SLA for our Incidents, Auditing of our Assets to ensure yearly verification exercise is compliant, End user auditing & compliance of software and systems used.
- Budget:Assists Technical Services Manager in controlling regional budget
- Admin: Assist Technical Services Manager with various admin tasks either planned or Ad-hoc
- Staff: Training, mentoring, and developing our DSS in the region technically our various TCCC technologies & systems we use & support. This further expands to various development skills and developing our DSS to ensure delivery of gold star Customer Service Excellence
- Vendor Management: Assist Technical Services Manager with developing the relationships with our vendors in terms of identifying new products and technologies, monitoring service status and dealing with support escalations.
- Well defined analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication, presentation, and project management skills.
- Complete projects and tasks independently and with limited direct supervision.
- Educate senior managers and leadership team as needed in network best practices, risk management.
- Well adverse in self-management and able to deliver high level output of work in a organised, precise and timely manner.
- Ability to follow guidance, demand and directive from multiple leaders at any given time whilst maintaining focus on the objectives to be met.
- Be a driven, focused and determined by nature with a huge appetite to deliver high level success not just in day-to-day work but also on projects and when working on escalations.
- Cloud Collaboration: Advanced understanding, knowledge, skills and troubleshooting experience in Office 365 and it’s offset of products.
- Mobile Device Management: Advanced understanding, knowledge, skills & troubleshooting experience in MS Intune for both mobile and laptop devices.
- Audio Visual: Advanced understanding, knowledge of Audio-Visual software solutions and such as MS Teams, Cisco WebEx and hardware products such as Cisco, Crestron and Microsoft. Understanding network and audio troubleshooting principals will be key to the role.
- Advanced understanding, knowledge, skills and troubleshooting experience in end user computing hardware such as Laptops, printers, Mobiles spread across manufacturers such as: Microsoft, Lenovo, Samsung, Xerox, Apple
- Cloud Computing: Intermediate understanding, knowledge, skills and troubleshooting experience in MS Azure and it’s various add products such as Azure AD.
- Virtualisation: Intermediate understanding, knowledge, skills and troubleshooting experience in Citrix VDI Hardware:
- Networking: Intermediate understanding, knowledge, skills and troubleshooting experience in Networking is essential. Understanding network protocols, commands and troubleshooting, further to this understanding various networking hardware as well as cable management and IDF room design. Familiarity with protocols such as TCP\IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP a must.
- Incident, Problem & Change Management: Management of tickets and queues and act as internal technical escalation point for the TSM3 region. Review aged tickets and ticket Classified - Highly Restricted trends and produce reports highlighting CSAT and resolution numbers. Using ITSM technologies such as ServiceNow, Dynamics 365 to deliver a ITIL framework governance and operational excellence.
- Desirable: Automation – Help drive our desire to deliver continuous improvement through automation using current TCCC technologies such as Power BI, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agent
- Reporting: Handle the raising and generation of various reports required for the region encompassing Admin, Finance, Projects, Events and other
What now. If you wish to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to contact Paul Murphy alternatively you can submit your CV by pressing the Apply button above or below.
Deskside Support Desktop Support Network Engineer