Group Lead API Upstream Cork
Are you a Microbiologist with 3 years' GMP lab-based experience? A brand new role has been created for a Group Lead to join the QC team of a leading Life Science company in Cork. The primary purpose of this role is to lead and manage a team of analysts and lab support personnel in a cross-functional R&D department that are supporting Upstream (USP), Downstream (DSP) and New Product Introduction (NPI) teams.
This company offers a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive range of benefits to include:
* A career development and training programme that allows employees to expand their skills and abilities to keep up with changing technology.
* A good range of benefits - Pension, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Bonus Scheme, Educational Assistance, Employee Assistance Programme, etc.
* Ensure facilities, processes, personnel and materials/products are microbiologically tested in line with cGMP and procedural requirements
* Manage out of specification results, facilitate laboratory investigation reports and involve the laboratory manager where applicable.
* Collect and trend data, react to trends and report to laboratory manager
* Maintain laboratory metrics
* Support USP, DSP and NPI review activities, troubleshooting of equipment, technical writing, execution of project work and participation in departmental initiatives where applicable.
* Compliance with GMP requirements and uphold these standards
* Effectively coordinating and managing members of the team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping is run at maximum efficiency.
* Attend weekly USP, DSP, NPI and other laboratory meetings and provide assistance where necessary
* Ensure maintenance of the operational equipment within the lab
* Maintain operational equipment within a validated state
* Responsible for carrying out performance appraisals with staff as part of the overall performance management programme within the organisation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* 3-4 years GMP experience in a highly regulated environment
* Degree qualification in a Science discipline.
* Experience in a leadership role.
* Understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing is advantageous (USP,DSP,NPI).
For more information on this Group Lead Job please contact Eoin on 086 7839455 day or evening.
Other job titles you may have searched for: Laboratory Analyst /Technician Job Cork , Lab Technician Job Cork, Microbiology Lab Technician job , Microbiologist.
Email me jobs like this