itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Node.js Developer. This is a permanent position located with our client in Waterford (100% remote role)
*Only candidates in Ireland, U.K, Spain and Portugal need apply for the remote options*
- Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Comfortable representing team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the development, QA & support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develops technical documentation for internal use.
- Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change depending on workload
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and shares with the team to help achieve overall goals.
- Translates business requirements to technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science-related course
- Extensive experience developing enterprise level applications.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs. Must have a good working knowledge of Postman.
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment using SCRUM.
- Knowledge of MVC and other software design patterns, including SOLID Principles.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Knowledge of Microservices.
- Exposure to Cloud Providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular or React.
- Experience with Swagger.
- Knowledge of Cloud Native deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (for example Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions).
- Experience with, or some exposure to TypeScript.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact Alison Gleeson in itContracting directly.
Eirevo / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Eirevo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this