itContracting are seeking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer for our client based in Carlow.
This is a permanent positionwith a hybrid working approach
This team is responsible for delivering a wide range of new Solutions that will transform the way our client does business with its customers. Solutions covering Intranet, Extranet, Internet systems as well as REST API design and ETL as part of a middleware stack. Given the nature of the business; security and data integrity are core to everything we do. The team build, test, deploy and support all our own applications to the highest standard and there is a strong focus on automation and continuous improvement.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
• Joining a team of experienced developers, this candidate will need to have a strong technical pedigree covering all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• The candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience more so than theoretical knowledge in azure pipeline setup, code optimization, best practices, design thinking, modelling and architecture.
• That candidate will have come from hands on development role, ideally focused on web applications
• The candidate needs to be a senior contributor, advisor, reviewer, mentor and consider the impact of all design changes on the landscape.
• Very good and vocal communicator that will work with both technical and business teams and be able to tailor their language to the audience.
• Keen interest in R&D to bring new ideas to the team that will make us leaner and build faster better solutions.
• Be a team player, we have a strong culture of collaboration.
• Computer Science or equivalent Engineering Degree/or higher
• The stack is .NET based so advanced knowledge of ASP.NET MVC and Web API in .net framework and CORE is an essential.
• Industry experience as a software developer covering, design, architecture, Db modelling, unit testing, utilization of design patterns, ORM.
• DB experience in RDBMS including SQL Server/ Aurora.
• Industry experience with setup/configuration of Azure DevOps including GIT and build & release pipelines and Octopus Deploy, these are essential to daily activities on the team.
• Ability to illustrate designs through sequence flow diagrams, ERD, physical and logical architecture design, UML or other modelling practices are essential for the role
• Web Server – experience with IIS
• LAN and Network Topology understanding (DNS, FW, Load Balancing, DMZ, Gateways)
• Knowledge of Agile development/methodologies
• Self-motivated and results oriented; able to motivate others
Nice to Have or we can help with upskilling (additional skills that can be applied on certain projects)
• Front end knowledge of frameworks like Angular, REACT, NodeJS etc. would be an advantage.
• Commercial experience with XAAS using AWS covering Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, Cloud Formation Scripts, Containers, and other AWS components including cloud security would be an advantage.
• NoSQL DB such as MongoDB/DynamoDB
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 1G/4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly
eir evo, itContracting and our clients are equal opportunity employers who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. eir evo / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Email me jobs like this